Heading Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dungee

Keeper of San Juan Secrets
Strawberry this weekend...

Unless plans change we’ll be down next weekend. Definitely leaning mid lake but still clinging hope for something to budge North. Might end up just fishing out of Bullfrog? Hopefully we can find some decent, consistent smallmouth bite along with a couple boils. That’s the hope.

Preston

I think we are heading down next weekend. The kids have fall break so its a good excuse. I think we are planning on staying at Bullfrog too. That will be our first time. Typical we beach camp on the lake but i have a new to me boat and don't quite dare to hit escalate or the San Juan by myself yet. We were the for labor day and it ran great but we had a few other boats with us. Figure we will fish Annies, iceberg, lake, halls, bullfrog just stay fairly close.Maybe we will run into you on the water, if you see the silver duck say hello. Also plan on doing some night fishing for the first time at Powell got a green light on the way.
Good luck

We have been planning to be up Wednesday thru Sunday, launching out of Halls...but the forecast is currently forecasting wind gusts to 20 Thursday and over 30 Friday and it keeps changing for Saturday its been anywhere from 12 to 40 (Accuweather, Halls Crossing, Ut)
...so...we are rethinking it.
Guess I'll continue working on getting ready tomorrow and we will watch the weather and see how it looks...

and the water heater in the house blew up last night....maybe someone is trying to tell me something! lol

We have only been up three times this year, seems each time was lots of wind, very few fish.

If we do pull the trigger we will camp at Halls, and look down lake, Escalante and maybe the San Juan...just don't know how bad the crocks, poison snakes and man eating zombie burros will be this time of year...:unsure:

Last edited:
We have been planning to be up Wednesday thru Sunday, launching out of Halls...but the forecast is currently forecasting wind gusts to 20 Thursday and over 30 Friday and it keeps changing for Saturday its been anywhere from 12 to 40 (Accuweather, Halls Crossing, Ut)
...so...we are rethinking it.
Guess I'll continue working on getting ready tomorrow and we will watch the weather and see how it looks...

and the water heater in the house blew up last night....maybe someone is trying to tell me something! lol

We have only been up three times this year, seems each time was lots of wind, very few fish.

If we do pull the trigger we will camp at Halls, and look down lake, Escalante and maybe the San Juan...just don't know how bad the crocks, poison snakes and man eating zombie burros will be this time of year...:unsure:
BarzArz I will pray for your safety. I hope it works out for you guys. It is October so watch for zombies carefully!

Strawberry this weekend...

Unless plans change we’ll be down next weekend. Definitely leaning mid lake but still clinging hope for something to budge North. Might end up just fishing out of Bullfrog? Hopefully we can find some decent, consistent smallmouth bite along with a couple boils. That’s the hope.

Preston
We did very well in oak canyon middle of September great camping there too👍

Well...
The forecast is looking better, and my wife says we are going. Guess that is settled, lol
We should be at Hall's Wednesday morning, thru Saturday.
Will have a WW flag visible. Lance truck camper, Silver over white Crestliner, Silver bimini, Silver outboard.
Maybe see a few of you, and hopefully catch a fish or two... :)

New plan is for Veterans weekend... I've decided the hardest part about getting older is trying to make a few different adult schedules mix. Put in that work @BarzArz and let us know where to go!

Preston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back