Headed to Powell Thursday- Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyRamsey7

Anybody care to share info? We'll be around Bullfrog and most likely will make a run to Escalante/Rincon for a day and then to Good Hope. Hoping to put the kids on some fish...hoping bass are shallow and hungry? GY GRUB watermelon/green pumpkin???

I'll definitely post a report upon return.

Thanks for any info!

Tight Lines!

FlyRamsey7

Black&Orange NitroZ7 Sport

I will be down doing the same thing. Trying to hunt do a little fun fishing for the kids before seasons end. We will be over at Halls and may move the Houseboat but probably just run around in my Teal and White Four Winns 210 Horizon. Say Hi if you see us.

I will be down doing the same thing. Trying to hunt do a little fun fishing for the kids before seasons end. We will be over at Halls and may move the Houseboat but probably just run around in my Teal and White Four Winns 210 Horizon. Say Hi if you see us.
Will do

We plan to go down the first part of next week. Will be camping in Bullfrog campground and plan to stay until November 1st or 2nd. Old 1973 white & green Glastron. Hope we can catch a bunch of fish. Stop by and say hello and share fishing stories.

Anyone know of anywhere in Bullfrog that we could rent some freezer space. The little ice box in my trailer does not hold much. Half dozen stripers and it is full.

Danny

Last year this time we slayed it with big Kastmasters.

TR

Last edited:
I was down last weekend, fishing out of Halls. I looked hard for schools of stripers to spoon, but really only found one and it was up north. HUGE balls of shad everywhere! More bait than I have ever seen, but not many toothy fish around them. Lots of smaller smallmouth on main lake points and rock falls and ledges from very shallow to 30+ feet deep. They are great eating and I got them on 1/4 and 3/8 oz. grubs and drop-shotting small shad shaped worms, Ikas, and similar fair in browns, dark greens, shad colors, smoke sparkle and chartreuse pepper. Lots of bass on the broken rock shores just down lake of the Rincon.

"Anyone know of anywhere in Bullfrog that we could rent some freezer space. The little ice box in my trailer does not hold much. Half dozen stripers and it is full."

I finally bought a small chest freezer that I haul down in the back of the truck and then just plug it in at the campsite. I think it cost me $189. I brought it home and my wife filled it up! I had to buy another one and now I hide it in my shop so I have it available for powell trips.

Oh, and we'll also buy plenty of ice at home where it's less expensive and keep it in the freezer and use as needed. I think not having to consistently buy over priced ice helps pay for the cost of the freezer.

"Anyone know of anywhere in Bullfrog that we could rent some freezer space. The little ice box in my trailer does not hold much. Half dozen stripers and it is full."

I finally bought a small chest freezer that I haul down in the back of the truck and then just plug it in at the campsite. I think it cost me $189. I brought it home and my wife filled it up! I had to buy another one and now I hide it in my shop so I have it available for powell trips.

Where do you get power in the campground? I would love it if they would put power in so we did not have all those generators running. I know there is another campground with full hookups but not as nice of campground and a lot more expensive. If you stay two weeks it really costs more than I want to pay.

I am like you, I purchased a small freezer for my Alaska trip and now it is full and I would need to buy another. I do have a problem, trying to haul it down though because I have a fifth wheel trailer that takes up my truck bed and then put the boat behind the trailer and would have to haul it in the boat. Wish there was somewhere down there to rent some freezer space.

I always stay in the campground with full hookups. It is not as nice, but I am on the lake most the day and only there at night. Price does add up, but I've usually got 3 of my young kids with me and I really value the convenince of all the hookups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back