Headed to Powell 9/2/ to 9/9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent

Hey all!

The Dooley Family is headed to Powell once again from 9/2 to 9/9 aboard our beloved timeshare houseboat Turquoise Bay with Laketime. We switched dates this year with another owner so we could be present to the birth of our 2nd grandchild. So hence we will be there on Labor Day week and with our new grandchild. So if you see the Turquoise Bay this next week come on by and say hello.

Needless to say with the newborn aboard we will be staying quite close to civilization. You will probably spot us in Wahweap, Warm Creek, or at the furthest Gunsight.

Praying for perfect weather after watching those storm videos of the past few weeks.

Visit our Lake Powell Blog to see our past year adventures https://dooleyatlakepowell.weebly.com/

Last edited:
Hope you have/had a great time! Our kids and grandkids our on the lake. Looks like great weather in the forecast -- warm days and cool nights, mosoon in retreat.

Hey Bill,

Yep Brad is back from France. He was going to be gone for a year but actually hated it and came back after one semester. He worked at Dangling Rope Marina once again this summer.

We stayed at Gunsight Canyon right at the base of Gunsight Butte. It was perfect! A little hot in the late afternoon if the wind died but absolutely gorgeous beach!!!

Boy is the lake dropping fast!!!!!! We had to back up our houseboat literally every other day due to the lake lowering so fast.

We arrived on Monday, Labor Day, and it was a bit crowded on that day but as the week went on the houseboats soon left and late in the week there was only a few houseboats in Gunsight Canyon.

One day we went into Labyrinth Canyon and wow!!! The water ended at a very nice sand beach and after a short walk we were walking into the most gorgeous slot canyon!

Till next year.

We will be making our annual fall trip the week of Oct 8th. Looking for a good sandy beach to camp on. Possibly have several other people joining us. How's it looking in Gunsight? I really like the 2nd big cove on the left coming into gunsight.
Thanks Brent!

Hello Cactus,

There were PLENTY of sandy beaches in Gunsight and also at Padre. At the entrance of Gunsight on the left before the actually butte there were two coves with nice sandy beaches. Then at the base of the butte there was a GREAT sandy beach that was a good 200 yards long. That is where we stayed. I'll be posting a video soon. There was a bad whale just before the base of Gunsight that was well marked with three plastic bottles. I would assume it would be out of the water by 10/8. The lake is dropping like a rock!

Brent, thanks for the update on Brad, and your trip. I did not need to go to Dangling Rope this year. I am looking forward to your video.

Hello Cactus,

There were PLENTY of sandy beaches in Gunsight and also at Padre. At the entrance of Gunsight on the left before the actually butte there were two coves with nice sandy beaches. Then at the base of the butte there was a GREAT sandy beach that was a good 200 yards long. That is where we stayed. I'll be posting a video soon. There was a bad whale just before the base of Gunsight that was well marked with three plastic bottles. I would assume it would be out of the water by 10/8. The lake is dropping like a rock!
Thanks Brent! I appreciate all the info.
Looking forward to getting up there.

We will be making our annual fall trip the week of Oct 8th. Looking for a good sandy beach to camp on. Possibly have several other people joining us. How's it looking in Gunsight? I really like the 2nd big cove on the left coming into gunsight.
Thanks Brent!

Hey CJ Rick, Sue and I will be there that week as well...let's see if we can hook up!

Sue is leaving on wednesday so i will be on my own until sunday.

Hey CJ Rick, Sue and I will be there that week as well...let's see if we can hook up!

Sue is leaving on wednesday so i will be on my own until sunday.
Hey John, Sounds great! Give me a call and we can figure something out to meet up. My wife won't be up until Wednesday sometime. Talk to you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back