Headed to Bullfrog

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're also headed down tomorrow and staying at Defiance House Lodge (first time not boat camping). Hoping for good weather and calm winds. :) Haven't had a chance yet to look into putting the boat in the slips at night. Do you have any information you can share on that? Hope you have a great trip!

Last time I was there I stayed in the campground and rented a slip for the boat. Partly due to only one ramp open and a big tournament going on. Night fished out of it and did well. Call exec services for discounts and prices ahead of time. We'll be in our houseboat on the slips this time around. I might add that they are pretty proud of those rental slips based on the price so don't have sticker shock lol.

Good information. Thanks for sharing.
I've been closely watching the wind forecast in Bullfrog for Fri-Sat - looking pretty gusty as of now. It's been 8 years since being on Powell and admit I'm a little apprehensive again about getting into a bad weather situation. :)

Yeah a front coming in will cause some wind. Night fishing on the docks this time of year can get stripers and walleye pretty easily. Trolling around the area of the marinas is the only other option when too windy to pound bank. The main channel can get exciting in windy conditions especially on long straight stretches like Hall's to Moki and the Hanson to Knowles trip.

I think that's what I paid. The benefit to having electricity to charge batteries was worth the hassle of launch and retrieve every night.

Thanks I may look into that. I installed a 3 bank charger last year right after i bought it. Still working out the bugs ha ha.

Good luck to you and Buttercup 😂
Trying to figure out what B and I are doing
Check into the hotel situation tomorrow

Any old time Wordlings who remember the good old days, please stop by and say hello. Honnor those who have passed, my friends Capt John Rimrock, Dave Wallis, Howard Oatman, the Petester🙂, and many others who have passed.
Some of the best people I have met are associated with SHAD and lake Powell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back