Headed to Bullfrog area 16-21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamman J

Hoping to get on striper boils/spooning. Much anticipated Annual trip to beautiful Lake Powell, driving the boat out from San Diego, hoping to camp and fish close to the action.

Does anyone have any recent reports from around the Bullfrog area? Thank you so much for your help...

Gonna be fishing in a 18ft sea pro center console say hi if ya see us. Cheers.

Last year we fished gunsight last chance and warm creek for good stuff hope to do it again. 0598270A-F94A-494A-898D-F6E20DEF4B9E.jpeg0D9B8D75-9925-4EBB-96A8-ADDD18FCAE2F.jpegF0204C7E-1167-405E-B093-C2F306005D48.jpeg8A6FD5D7-4AB9-4915-AE69-3D40870901BF.jpeg

Not sure im trying to find a spot somewhat close to Bullfrog just looking for intel. Two years ago we did good at halls creek and lake canyon.

Three years ago excellent at Hanson and Crystal Springs. Haven't heard much about these areas on message board this year.

Good Hope seems like that's the "can't miss spot." Just a little farther than I was hoping to set up camp.

There was a recent report about stripers being caught along the shore South of Knowles Canyon. We were on the lake in mid-August and ranged the lake from Halls Crossing to Trachyte. We caught the most stripers just South of Knowles as well(my cabin cruiser doesn't have a fish-finder yet, so couldn't spoon for them up in Good Hope). Knowles is pretty good for camping as well, but is pretty popular(there were 4 camps when we were there).

I fished in Stanton, Moki and Crystal Springs Canyons a week ago. We caught over 200 smb. A few lmb and walleye. We found fish in all 3 canyons. Primarily used drop shot with Yamamoto shad shape worm in green pumpkin w/Black fleck and baby bass colors. Also used white successfully but seemed to get more bluegill with white. We only saw one boil. It was late in the day in Stanton Canyon. There’s a really nice place to camp at the end of Crystal Springs if it’s not taken. Hope you have a great trip

We're there from the 16th - 23rd. @Squirrel I'd love to connect while at the lake on any Intel you've gleaned once down there. I have a few Teen boys who've never been stripper fishing and I'd love to get them into the action. @Jamman J would love to connect with you as well. I will probably be parking the house boat in Halls Creek and then venturing out from there. Looks like I'll be trying Knowels (which is a jaunt) to Lake Canyon... Good Hope seems a bit far for me. (BTW, at 25mphish how long does a trip to GHB take? I've done it once a LONG time ago... and Just felt like it took forever...)

Thanks for good info i really appreciate it in helping with the fish hunting.

Melatwood im gonna be monitoring marine channel 72, and im leaning towords fishing in Stanton-crystal Springs area.

So if you see a 18 ft center console Sea Pro with Gold Rocket Launchers thats us. Gonna be fishing with a couple of other boats from Colorado so we should have a good idea where the best fishing is around Bullfrog.

Hope you get em good, this time of year we have always made it happen. Wayne is dead on with spoon selection and Fle-fly slab spoons, have been gold last couple of trips to Powell...

Jamman, Squirrell, Melatwood I will be there on the 17th -21. Staying in Bullfrog houseboat buoy. Houseboat name Happy Jack. Near the main entrance to the gas pumps. Anyone in the area Stop by and say hi. I will monitor channel 72 and will shout out if I find the Striper's.

Hotwheels.

Just returned home last night. Wife and I Jigged with chovies 9-4 - 9-7 Moki mouth and small cove just north for a couple hours each day. Caught a mix of Walleye, Striper and Cats. 94 total fish. Fished 70 -110 FOW. White and Pink jigs worked best. Great trip and only had to travel from Halls slips.

Hoping to get on striper boils/spooning. Much anticipated Annual trip to beautiful Lake Powell, driving the boat out from San Diego, hoping to camp and fish close to the action.

Does anyone have any recent reports from around the Bullfrog area? Thank you so much for your help...

Gonna be fishing in a 18ft sea pro center console say hi if ya see us. Cheers.

Last year we fished gunsight last chance and warm creek for good stuff hope to do it again. View attachment 3236View attachment 3237View attachment 3238View attachment 3239

We killed them north of north boey field at Bullfrog. Then they left. Tuesday and Wednesday we got into them on the main channel side of the Haystacks. Over 300 for the trip

We killed them north of north boey field at Bullfrog. Then they left. Tuesday and Wednesday we got into them on the main channel side of the Haystacks. Over 300 for the trip

Steve,
Were you spooning?
If so, what spoons worked?
We used to do very well with Bomber slab spoons in various colors.
But in recent years we haven't had luck spooning..
Not sure why when others seem to do well spooning..
Doug

We got them on top water poppers about 3 inches long. Cast to a jumping fish get a hit right away keep casting for more. We didn't get the numbers like Steve but a ho lot a fun.

Thanks Marty for topwater report! Thats awesome they are up top too. I’m gonna be so excited i wont be able to sleep tonight. Gonna hafta fish on adrenalin and red bull tommorow afternoon after getting camp set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back