Headed to Bullfrog (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbass

Goldcup and I are going to try and catch fish again. We'll be there Thursday afternoon. Staying in the private slips. We figure the last time was an anomaly or the fish were anonymous as something to fire us up to go again. Remember it's a war out there! Wayne says so! Ha ha. See ya down there

Goldcup and I are going to try and catch fish again. We'll be there Thursday afternoon. Staying in the private slips. We figure the last time was an anomaly or the fish were anonymous as something to fire us up to go again. Remember it's a war out there! Wayne says so! Ha ha. See ya down there
Bring my buckets with ya, I might need them when I get home. I’ll call you later today when we get off

You will do better this time. Boils are starting up randomly here and there. Temperature is a bit cooler. My guess is you will run into a good boil.

Just saying - look for a surface swirl and a shad or two jumping high in the air. It's not a boil but many stripers are holding in the deeper, cooler water. Throw surface lures to the shad swirl. Then watch the graph and drop spoons when the big school heads under the boat. This is working really well in Southern Lake Powell. 50 fish morning events are common.

Good Luck!

We are headed down on Thursday as well, but will only be on the buoy Thursday night. Then we are SJ bound

You will do better this time. Boils are starting up randomly here and there. Temperature is a bit cooler. My guess is you will run into a good boil.

Just saying - look for a surface swirl and a shad or two jumping high in the air. It's not a boil but many stripers are holding in the deeper, cooler water. Throw surface lures to the shad swirl. Then watch the graph and drop spoons when the big school heads under the boat. This is working really well in Southern Lake Powell. 50 fish morning events are common.

Good Luck!
That's the plan. We have a fishing scout down there now hauling them in using those methods. Finally! Thanks Wayne

SJ bound Oct.9-16. Can't wait to try 2.75 z-man worms and some topwater action. YeeeeeeeeHaaaaa.... All these years and haven't tried the mouth of Escalante so that is on the list as well.
We will be there 9-13. But hanging around Bullfrog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back