Halls Crossing Vehicle Vandalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

itst_9

Our family just completed our 17th annual trip from 9-22 to 9-29. The weather was amazing and LP never disappoints in the fishing, and fun to be had.
Upon returning to the parking lot we inspected our vehicles as per usual since you hear stories of missing lug nuts, trailer hitches, etc and everything looked as we had left it. Not seeing any changes we loaded up and started the 400 mi journey home. On the journey home I went to honk and no horn….. I thought that’s weird this truck just turned a year old and no horn. What else is going to break on this thing which is a 2018 F150 3.5L ecoboost.
Flash forward one week to 10-4 where I finally have time to inspect the horn before taking it to Ford. All fuses look great so I removed the plastic shroud under the hood where I see the horn wires are neatly cut. Didn’t think much of this at first as I thought the air flow louvers to the radiator cut them which the horn sits right behind. Then I saw the front grill had been neatly cut making room to cut the horn wires. That’s when it hit me that someone was messing with the truck. Now knowing this I went over the truck and noticed in the wheel wells where the road grime had been rubbed off and inner fender wells partially pulled down on both the driver and passenger side to access the engine bay. No noticeable alterations were made here as I'm guessing they were looking for the hood latch cable.
Lesson learned that people have no limits and we will be inspecting closer going forward. Hopefully the vandal did this out of need vs spite but you never know with people anymore. We will certainly be back but wanted to give others a heads up.

Attachments

• IMG_9313.jpg
    IMG_9313.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_9309.jpg
    IMG_9309.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_9308.jpg
    IMG_9308.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 186
That's so sad to read. But does make me wonder, why the horn and just the horn? Is there an active market for black market vehicle horns?

A quick google search says that horn costs less than $50 to replace, but I bet the grill is much much more.

Bizarre. Certainly could have been worse, but that doesn't make it good.

I have considered all types of scenarios of what the plan was for the perp and do wonder if a dash cam with a motion setting would of helped. The glove box and center console get locked on long outings. But if someone wants in they are going to destroy whatever to get in. The alarm to me seems to be pretty sensitive and I've noticed at the manual car wash the lights will flash and eventually the horn honks when spraying the windows. For now I have checked everything I can think of on the truck and Ford is going to inspect it on Monday with a quote for insurance to get the grill replaced and horn fixed.

They had to be after the Turbo charge and catalytic converter Thats whats worth money. They were new to the trade I'll bet.
Airford, I have to admit I was thinking of you this week. I made a one day trip to Wahweap from my new home in Prescott Arizona. This trip is 225 miles one way. My Stepmother's hairdresser says they tow their boat there from Prescott in 2 hours. I was thinking they must be using your Maverick to do it that quickly.

Airford, I have to admit I was thinking of you this week. I made a one day trip to Wahweap from my new home in Prescott Arizona. This trip is 225 miles one way. My Stepmother's hairdresser says they tow their boat there from Prescott in 2 hours. I was thinking they must be using your Maverick to do it that quickly.
Life is too short not to enjoy the ride. Been working on the Mac and have not had it out in 2 months, it's killing me.

Life is too short not to enjoy the ride. Been working on the Mac and have not had it out in 2 months, it's killing me.
Airford 1 I hear you. I have had my 1969 Camaro ready to race for a while now, but a home sale and relocation have put a lot on hold. Good luck getting you car out soon.

Not sure if I posted this previously but there was a huge smash and grab at bullfrog two months ago. From what I heard 14 pickups, back window smashed and whatever could be taken was taken including firearms. Musta taken some planning. Sorry to hear about your issues and that it happened there too.

TR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back