Halls Crossing Gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YSAWAE

Hey Guys and Gals,

I am new to driving this far north driving and am assuming there are actual gas stations up their and people dont just drive up and vanish? Google says their is a Chevron right next to the Halls Crossing campgrounds but the number takes you to some corporation in Texas. The very nice lady explained they do not own the gas station but get calls for it all the time. I tried what I thought was the ranger for the district with no luck and the campgrounds is the corporate number for reservations. Im not sure if I have tried the actual marina yet so Ill go look that up. Anyway all this rambling is just leading to my asking if anyone has any incite on gas? We are coming up from Tucson and Phoenix and it looks like Mexican Hat and Kayenta are otherwise the last gas stations.

I tried doing some searching of the forums for gas info but alas also came up blank. If there is already a thread for this and someone has the link that would be great.

Thanks

If you don’t know 261 is gravel road with lots of switch backs . I go up to 95 .

I know about Moki Dugway which is my understanding the only switchback part. I have seen video of that section but I thought it was mostly paved otherwise. Is it pretty level/flat otherwise going up to 95 and around? I know its only a little out of the way to go around.

I know about Moki Dugway which is my understanding the only switchback part. I have seen video of that section but I thought it was mostly paved otherwise. Is it pretty level/flat otherwise going up to 95 and around? I know its only a little out of the way to go around.
That doesn’t sound to bad I think I’ll try it.

Yeah, it's only the Moki Dugway that's unpaved, maybe 3 miles, but perfectly graded and no problem at all. It was built for giant mining trucks to make it, so it's a good road...

Yeah, it's only the Moki Dugway that's unpaved, maybe 3 miles, but perfectly graded and no problem at all. It was built for giant mining trucks to make it, so it's a good road...

Thanks, that is what I was thinking and it was the original route we were planning. Knowing the road is for large trucks also helps. I didn't expect to have an issue with my boat my dad has the larger house boat that doesn't turn on a dime.. Its not really that big at 30' but its still big enough.

Thanks, that is what I was thinking and it was the original route we were planning. Knowing the road is for large trucks also helps. I didn't expect to have an issue with my boat my dad has the larger house boat that doesn't turn on a dime.. Its not really that big at 30' but its still big enough.
Thought I'd look at the road a little closer... here's a few images that should help...shows the turning radius and road width at the tightest spots...
Moki Dugway.jpgMoki Dugway - tightest turn.jpgMoki Dugway - next tightest turn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back