Halls 11th to 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
That boat is hard to miss. We talked last year about the same time you were going this year. Should be good for boils. New moon is the 11th. Fish should be in better shape then too after feeding hard for a month. I always try to go on the first new moon in August, maybe I'll see you up there. We usually park the house boat (Our Get a way) some where between Ticaboo and the horn. 21' White Lund

That boat is hard to miss. We talked last year about the same time you were going this year. Should be good for boils. New moon is the 11th. Fish should be in better shape then too after feeding hard for a month. I always try to go on the first new moon in August, maybe I'll see you up there. We usually park the house boat (Our Get a way) some where between Ticaboo and the horn. 21' White Lund
How much fuel do you burn on that journey? I’m new on a 42’ twin 60 merc hb and im guessing 70gal? Am I close?

Used to be around 80 to 85 gallons to get to the horn and back, 70 or so for the motors and around 15 for the generator fuel for the week. The last couple trips we have used about 20 gallons more. Only thing I can attribute it to is the mussels and the extra drag on the hull. Houseboat has duel 4.3 liter mercruiser inboards. We used to be in on an older 36' boatel with 60 HP Mercs. It would make the trip on 40 to 45 gallons best I remember. I always try to run the motors about 60% of full throttle. Seem to get the best fuel to speed performance there. This is around 7.5 MPH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back