Grumman Albatross Lands in Bullfrog Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docker

I got a couple videos too, but they aren't very good cause it was from pretty far away. Came in low from downstream area and passed right over marina parking lot before swooping back around by the North buoy field and landing to the West of the marina. It then made it's way to Hobie Cat where it tied up for the night and took off this morning. Pretty stinkin' cool! Haven't seen anything but small single prop seaplanes out here before. This sucker was pretty big!

Just go to Goggle and type in N98TP, the airplane's registered tail number, and there are several articles about it, ownership, history, specs and a whole bunch of other info. If you want to know the same kind of data about any airplane, do the same. You get the FA registration data plus much more. Chuck

Was this the plane that was featured in Lake Powell magazine a few years back? I though it had jet ski pods under the wing sponsons then.
Great to see this old bird flying.

A few years back I saw an article about this Albatross visiting Powell from Tucson. It had a great setup inside with a very nice galley.

I couldn't find the article but did find these (4) pictures of the plane.
  1. Bet you can't guess what I think the coolest feature is?
  2. Crunched a few nums on gas and figure it would cost around $2500 in gas alone for a round trip from Tucson. Fugetaboutit!
  3. Sadly, I think the airframe is currently stored in the DM Boneyard.
29637260001_c466f0a3b1_b.jpg

16526663196_d5a02aa59e_b.jpg

29637259821_854b9d217f_b.jpg

29637259451_2557d22ab5_b.jpg

FWIW
Goblin

That's the one I was thinking about.
Our company Challenger jet burns 3000 gallons going to the east coast and back. About $12K just in fuel ,and then engine reserves, maintenance, crew, landing fees. Expensive in a relative thing.

I have always thought that expensive is expensive but value is what's relative.
Cheers,
Goblin

I used to work for a lady that had four billion dollars. She said that some nights, she went to sleep, and when she woke up, she had made a million dollars in interest. Probably an exaggeration, but a mind-boggling amount of money.

I used to work for a lady that had four billion dollars. She said that some nights, she went to sleep, and when she woke up, she had made a million dollars in interest. Probably an exaggeration, but a mind-boggling amount of money.
Well 1% 0f a billion is 10 million so maybe it isn't an exaggeration. :confused:

I went to sleep one night and the next morning I found a 'Buy One Get One' coupon for a Filet-o-Fish at McDonalds.....all relative;)
Goblin

Dang, gotta have money to make money!

I went to sleep one night and woke up in the morning with a dollar under my pillow. Only cost me a tooth, course that was 6o years ago. Now I lose a tooth and it costs a small fortune. Can't imagine making a million while i sleep.
Well 1% 0f a billion is 10 million so maybe it isn't an exaggeration. :confused:

I went to sleep one night and the next morning I found a 'Buy One Get One' coupon for a Filet-o-Fish at McDonalds.....all relative;)
Goblin

Reactions: TR.
I like the sentiment. But I will take the million bucks over the boiling stripers. Unless you are talking bucks like Mule Deer bucks, at a time when I don't have a tag. But I digress....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back