Good Hope Bay Mud Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dano

I'm hoping someone went to GHB this past weekend and can give an up to the minute report on the color and fishability of GHB. I'm planning on a trip into Halls this Friday thru Monday and would like to go one more time if it's not totally muddy. Thanks for any reports.

Came back last night. Fished as far as Ticaboo. Water was green but very fishable. Visibility about 10 feet or so.

Came back last night. Fished as far as Ticaboo. Water was green but very fishable. Visibility about 10 feet or so.
We're trying to get away this Friday also and plan on tent camping at the Halls campground. Probably fish closer to Halls this trip.

Heading to Powell next Saturday for our annual walleye hunt. Looking for a more recent report on the GHB mud line. Last year we were there a week later and got chased out of GHB after two days. I've heard the runoff is earlier this year. Thanks.

We were working on our houseboat this weekend and camped at Bullfrog. No boat with us this weekend since we will be back this coming Friday for an 8 day adventure...

This is only info shared with me by a couple camping at Bullfrog. "Mud line had made it all the way down to Cedar. Good Hope very muddy!"

Really???? Can anyone please confirm this? Seems a little far fetched for green water at Ticaboo last Monday to mud line all the way down to Cedar in less than a week.

The "mud" line is different for everyone. This site needs a sliding color scale lol. 10 being chocolate milk and 1 being gin clear.
We were working on our houseboat this weekend and camped at Bullfrog. No boat with us this weekend since we will be back this coming Friday for an 8 day adventure...

This is only info shared with me by a couple camping at Bullfrog. "Mud line had made it all the way down to Cedar. Good Hope very muddy!"

Really???? Can anyone please confirm this? Seems a little far fetched for green water at Ticaboo last Monday to mud line all the way down to Cedar in less than a week.
My friend just got back and said Red Canyon was unfishable. I was there the week before and it was green.

I'm hoping someone went to GHB this past weekend and can give an up to the minute report on the color and fishability of GHB. I'm planning on a trip into Halls this Friday thru Monday and would like to go one more time if it's not totally muddy. Thanks for any reports.

Fishing since the 19th. We love GHB but its to muddy for us. Cedar is stained, GHB catching a few but not great. Been fishing toward Escalante, better but not epic. Seeing a lot of beads. Water temp in low 60s

Got back from trip Friday thru Monday last night... "Stained" water to about the mouth of Knowles.. Very muddy stained by entrance to GHB and below. We Put the houseboat in Knowles, The water came up I would guess One foot while we were there. Cedar and Knowles still quite clear and very fishable as you go back, and getting lots of pressure . Spots along main channel in that area still fishable, Saw boats fishing very south end of GHB, on Sat it was Muddy stained but heard they were able to catch fish on Bottom Bouncers.
Ticaboo was quite stained and changing, but fishable and we caught fish in there Friday. It may be more stained than I would like by now I would guess, it was getting muddier every day and moving down lake pretty fast... We fished a number of spots in semi clear to stained and did well on Crappies and caught about 35-40 walleye in 2 boats 5 Anglers for 3 days. Very few SMB which was surprising but we were not targeting them, would have expected to catch more on accident....
Mildog out

ONE FYI About one third of Crappies still had eggs/milt.... many/most seemed to have spawned. Most walleyes had spawned, but a couple still had eggs.
Filleted one "healthy" Striper full of eggs. Disposed of a few skinny ones......
Mildog

Well, our group will be there this Friday for 7 days of fun, pending any government shutdown shananigan's. We plan on going up to GHB Saturday to check it out, I'll post (internet pending) when I get up there, or back from GHB.

Fished and camped in Red Canyon Saturday-Monday (left early Tuesday). Red Canyon had 1-2 feet of visibility, but it is probably worse now after the big wind storm that came through Monday afternoon. The fishing was OK for stripers, probably ended up with 50 or so, 20 walleyes and a 8-10 smallmouth for the trip. The main channel is VERY muddy, but we somehow were still able to catch 15-20 striper and a half dozen walleye, even though you could not even see your propeller through the stained water. Temps were 60-63.

Last edited:
Fished and camped in Red Canyon Saturday-Monday (left early Tuesday). Red Canyon had 1-2 feet of visibility, but it is probably worse now after the big wind storm that came through Monday afternoon. The fishing was OK for stripers, probably ended up with 75 or so, 20 walleyes and a 8-10 smallmouth for the trip. The main channel is VERY muddy, but we somehow were still able to catch 15-20 striper and a half dozen walleye, even though you could not even see your propeller through the stained water. Temps were 60-63.

Thanks for the report. Based upon your reply and other posts, I'm planning on heading south. Glad you were able to do pretty well, but I can't handle looking at mud for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back