good hope bay 6\3

Status
Not open for further replies.

last wild human

i,m coming down later in the week , has any one fished blue notch or red canyon ? how,s the muddy water ? fishable ,i will be in my kayak no long hauls .

We were there a week ago. Visibility was about 3" in the main channel, and 6" maybe 9" in places in the back of red. I'm sure it has gotten worse. We did catch some fish, but not near as many as a month ago.

back from blue notch ,it was different every day hot one day cold the next, the fishing was steady one time all striper,s next day all walleye not every fish but 80% one species 0n that day , the water visibility changed with the wind 6 inches was normal . the water temps dropped the walleye stopped biting for 24 hours , rising water was harder to fish, lots of tumble weeds grew and are flooding , at a foot a day you have weeds 10 to 15 feet deep , some of those weeds are 2 or 3 feet tall so spinner baits worked good red head yellow \white skirt, chartreuse 3 in grub trailer with power worm 3 inch piece the bigger stripers loved this, thay would follow it right back to the kayak and take it right as it was coming out of the water .lot,s of nice catfish,every cove held one or two good largemouth,s . one thing i noticed not many smallie,s big or small and i fished ned rigs a lot i,m not sure thay like the fast rising water. camping sites are going fast with the water coming up. i only saw 1 boat in 10 days it was beautiful and quiet , and i had a great time.we are so lucky to have this awesome place , i only got one bag of garbage this time were doing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back