Glen Canyon National Recreation Area Temporary Operational Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ticaboo Dan

Received these yesterday regarding changes but at least the lake is still open, stay safe everyone

Attachments

That sucks about all the campgrounds being closed. We wanted to go up and RV camp to get out of all this hum drum stuff.

NPS issued an update for GCNRA today, 4/1, accessible via the link at the top of the home page.

Executive summary of changes in this update (by me): (Excerpt) Glen Canyon National Recreation Area will shift to essential services only, as defined by the Department of Interior: [the following will remain open] Emergency Medical Services, law enforcement, Aids to Navigation, and public utilities (including radio, telephone and information technology services).

Please read the full notice on their website.

The good news is the boat ramps are still open, and lake camping is specifically allowed. Please follow proper and safe social distancing procedures if you come to the lake, but what a great place to quarantine during these times. I saw several boats on the water today, all looked like families. Made me smile. I wish all my family was here :cry:.

Last edited:
Temporary. The Californians are coming. As long as young people don’t get sick this will end in a police state.

oh no, rental prices never go down with those top folks. In fact, I suspect they are considering raising prices to make up for any short fall in demand. They operate on a "static" business model.....like all forms of govt or monopolistic entities. Raise prices to make up for less people coming down!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back