Gilligans island - going going… almost gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullfrog main ramp has 43 feet to go until it's useable. Is this just a formality this year that the water will rise to the original concrete ramp? That is a lot of water and ground to cover.

Not sure what you mean by formality but yes it will get there and enjoy it while you can. Probably late June through the fall at least. Back to Exec this time next year until we hopefully have a 100% or better winter next season.

Not sure what you mean by formality but yes it will get there and enjoy it while you can. Probably late June through the fall at least. Back to Exec this time next year until we hopefully have a 100% or better winter next season.
wow, that just looks impossible right now with all the video's out there on youtube on that section of the lake but i hope the water goes halfway up the ramp.. cheers,

wow, that just looks impossible right now with all the video's out there on youtube on that section of the lake but i hope the water goes halfway up the ramp.. cheers,

Yeah let's not get ahead of ourselves, halfway up the ramp would be about 3650 haha. Would LOVE to see that again but it'll drown some concrete starting around 3580 and be full width around 3590+. Been wet and cold here in Colorado so there is a LOT of melt still yet to happen. I am no JFR, I only play one on TV, but I do think we get to 3590-3600'. Hopefully at least that bottom half is usuable through October.

But you are right, it's hard to comprehend how much the North end will change this summer. I've been taking screenshots of different parts of the lake every few days of Sentinal Hub so that I can document it. Bullfrog and Halls bay are changing quickly.

We had to come to the south in last year and definitely miss the north end. With the amount of water coming into the lake is it really muddy up there about now? I bet the water is pretty dang cold too. Here at the main Wahweap Bay the water temp is about 61°.

Yeah let's not get ahead of ourselves, halfway up the ramp would be about 3650 haha. Would LOVE to see that again but it'll drown some concrete starting around 3580 and be full width around 3590+. Been wet and cold here in Colorado so there is a LOT of melt still yet to happen. I am no JFR, I only play one on TV, but I do think we get to 3590-3600'. Hopefully at least that bottom half is usuable through October.

But you are right, it's hard to comprehend how much the North end will change this summer. I've been taking screenshots of different parts of the lake every few days of Sentinal Hub so that I can document it. Bullfrog and Halls bay are changing quickly.

Insert "dream weaver" here.... I know it's a pipe dream but it sure would be amazing to get that end filled back up. Halls Bay just hasn't been what it has been and should be, forever. Would you mind posting those shots on this site. I can't be the only one who would find that incredibly interesting.

Thanks again, have a great weekend.

Insert "dream weaver" here.... I know it's a pipe dream but it sure would be amazing to get that end filled back up. Halls Bay just hasn't been what it has been and should be, forever. Would you mind posting those shots on this site. I can't be the only one who would find that incredibly interesting.

Thanks again, have a great weekend.
I feel the same. The back of halls bay just gave you the warm fuzzies when you busted into the openness after traveling through the canyon. I haven’t even been back there the last couple years due to the low water and having it basically being just a canyon. I’m enjoying watching it grow on sentinal hub!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back