GHB 4/19-4/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

TundraMan

Fished thurs-sat from the bathroom in GHB all the way up to two mile canyon. We had a blast a caught a lot of fish. We had the best luck with a green pumpkin single tail grub for bass. We also trolled bottom bouncers 3-4 hrs a day for walleye. Perch looking blades worked well. Never seen so many boats up that high this early in the year. Seemed like on sat every rocky shoreline was covered in boats. Lots of people trolling as well. The bonus of the trip was the school of giant bluegill we found. Right behind the bathroom in GHB. We spot locked over them and caught over 100 the first day. Would be great place to bring the kids. They were slabs as well. Went back thru there sat afternoon bass fishing and spotted them again in the clear water and caught about 50 more. Was a blast on ultralight rods. Fish totals for the 3 days between the 2 of us was about 25 walleye total, 50-60 bass per day, 2 slab crappie, 150 or so bluegill, and one 5-6 lb carp. Bass on average were bigger. Caught one 3-4 lb largemouth, and 6-7 smallies over 3 lbs. Biggest walleye was just over 4 lbs. Fantastic trip and found a great camp spot in the back of ticaboo.

Fished thurs-sat from the bathroom in GHB all the way up to two mile canyon. We had a blast a caught a lot of fish. We had the best luck with a green pumpkin single tail grub for bass. We also trolled bottom bouncers 3-4 hrs a day for walleye. Perch looking blades worked well. Never seen so many boats up that high this early in the year. Seemed like on sat every rocky shoreline was covered in boats. Lots of people trolling as well. The bonus of the trip was the school of giant bluegill we found. Right behind the bathroom in GHB. We spot locked over them and caught over 100 the first day. Would be great place to bring the kids. They were slabs as well. Went back thru there sat afternoon bass fishing and spotted them again in the clear water and caught about 50 more. Was a blast on ultralight rods. Fish totals for the 3 days between the 2 of us was about 25 walleye total, 50-60 bass per day, 2 slab crappie, 150 or so bluegill, and one 5-6 lb carp. Bass on average were bigger. Caught one 3-4 lb largemouth, and 6-7 smallies over 3 lbs. Biggest walleye was just over 4 lbs. Fantastic trip and found a great camp spot in the back of ticaboo.
Did the high winds and rain hold off for you guys on Thursday night and Friday?

Winds started up about 5pm thurs and after 7 was too high to fish in. Blew really hard most of the night. Before 5 was calm though. Guy I talked to friday said they clocked 60+ in bullfrog and I beleive it. I thought the tent was going to take off a few times with us in it. It held up just fine though. Rain started about 8am or so and rained constantly until after noon. Fishing was good though and it wasn't windy during the rain storm. Seemed we had better luck in the rain friday than we did sat in calm sunny weather.

Winds started up about 5pm thurs and after 7 was too high to fish in. Blew really hard most of the night. Before 5 was calm though. Guy I talked to friday said they clocked 60+ in bullfrog and I beleive it. I thought the tent was going to take off a few times with us in it. It held up just fine though. Rain started about 8am or so and rained constantly until after noon. Fishing was good though and it wasn't windy during the rain storm. Seemed we had better luck in the rain friday than we did sat in calm sunny weather.
We arrived Tuesday afternoon and got pounded by wind most of that late afternoon and seemed like all night. Wednesday was perfect. Thursday we woke up to ugly skies. Knowing that a high winds and rain might coming we made the decision to pack it up. Being 14 miles out on Blue notch road with a trailered boat it could have been days before that road would be dry enough to safely drive out. Also we thought the wind with cold weather and rain would shut down the fishing. But it sounds like that didn’t happen and you guys caught s bunch. Thanks for the info it will definitely help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back