Getting nervous about all the debris in the north lake! Headed down this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigcatpt

All these reports about debris in the north lake have me nervous. We are heading down there Sunday for the week. I saw a report of FB today of a guy that bent 2 props in one day hitting floating debris. Does anyone have any current reports of how bad the floating debris is in BF bay and especially headed south toward the Escalante? Can you even get your boat up on plane in some area's or are you constantly dodging major driftwood? Just wondering if we should still go or cancel and reschedule. Lots of family would be disappointed if I cancel. I just don't want to cause damage to the wake boat or the houseboat.

We just left Bullfrog/Hall’s and debris was everywhere. We went south as far as the Rincon watching diligently and praying for luck the whole way. We were fortunate and didn’t hit anything. But we sure were more on edge while on plane than ever before.

Water was green or muddy all the way down, not water I was excited about diving Into.

That said we did see a handful of boats surfing and wakeboarding

We just left Bullfrog/Hall’s and debris was everywhere. We went south as far as the Rincon watching diligently and praying for luck the whole way. We were fortunate and didn’t hit anything. But we sure were more on edge while on plane than ever before.

Water was green or muddy all the way down, not water I was excited about diving Into.

That said we did see a handful of boats surfing and wakeboarding
Thank you for the real time report! Did it get any better....less floating stuff....as you went further south?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back