From a different perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lake Powell is an embarrassment of riches when it comes to the fish you are legally allowed to harvest. Most people from back east and in the midwest can't believe what we have out here. :D

Ed Gerdemann
Edward you are absolutely right. It makes me nervous though that the secret of how great Powell is will get out with all the social media and it won't be the same place we have all come to love... Heading there this week... Can't wait to get on the water.

Last edited:
I'm not too worried. This forum has been around for a long time, and Powell is still not overrun with fishermen. The size of the lake intimidates a lot of fishermen. There are still a lot of people here in Phoenix that still think the stripers ate all the bass in Lake Powell. There are a lot of others who succumb to the environmentalists' propaganda that Powell has shrunk to an almost dry status. I can't say there are more fishermen on the lake now than when I first started fishing it in the mid-90s. You also have to remember that there is a lot of water between the access points on Powell - a lot of water that never gets a line thrown over it all year! :)

Ed Gerdemann

Wayneswords went on the internet for the first time in 2000. 19 years later we are still here and fishing is still somewhere between good and fantastic. This week it may only be good. It has been a great experience trying to keep up with the fish in the lake and let anglers know what is going on while they are away from the beautiful lake. I will be heading back out on Monday to find information for striper fishermen in the southern lake. Report to follow.

Wayneswords went on the internet for the first time in 2000. 19 years later we are still here and fishing is still somewhere between good and fantastic. This week it may only be good. It has been a great experience trying to keep up with the fish in the lake and let anglers know what is going on while they are away from the beautiful lake. I will be heading back out on Monday to find information for striper fishermen in the southern lake. Report to follow.
Will look forward to your report Wayne. Thanks. We will be there for our semi annual trip starting Thursday. We plan on going to San Juan on Friday and staying up there for the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back