Fluorocarbon line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Yet You Bet

Purchased some VICIOUS fluorocarbon line and was wondering if anyone has tried it and what you think of it? Wondering if it is like vanish and breaks off or if it is a good line. Looked at some reviews and they were mixed. Some said it broke off, some said it was stiff, and some really liked it.

I plan to use it as a leader on braid, so not that concerned how it casts, just don't want something that breaks off.

Purchased some VICIOUS fluorocarbon line and was wondering if anyone has tried it and what you think of it? Wondering if it is like vanish and breaks off or if it is a good line. Looked at some reviews and they were mixed. Some said it broke off, some said it was stiff, and some really liked it.

I plan to use it as a leader on braid, so not that concerned how it casts, just don't want something that breaks off.

It's not my favorite, but I've bought it on clearance from time to time and it's ok. Haven't had any issues casting it on a bait caster, or tied to braid on spinning rods.

I've never tried it. Right now I'm using Spiderwire fluorocarbon mainly for leader material. I've found it to be very strong and abrasion resistant with good knot strength. The only really bad fluorocarbon I've ever used is Vanish. :)

Ed Gerdemann

I like sunline sniper FC , very smooth and strong.
I have used this as well and IMO it is okay, maybe better than most others I have used. But by far the best I have used is Seaguar inviz x. Casts better, better knot strength, less tangling and very abrasion resistant.

I like seaguar best, but Walmart has been putting that Viscious on clearance at $5/spool. It's good enough at that price that I stocked up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back