Flaming Gorge release

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are only about 8 feet from full pond. I'm sure they don't want to overtop. Why does this news piss you off shanewave? Just curious.

Speed reading. He missed a couple key words "That is 5 times the normal releases for the dam. They are warning rafters and fishermen to be careful. That should impact Powell's level." is what jumped out at him. IMHO.🤣

just jumping in here I live in green river Wyoming and the run off hasn't even started yet so most of Wyoming's run off is going to Powell this year the gorge is at 90 percent full and the small reservoir above it is at 60 percent so Wyoming is going to help lake Powell big time this year and by the way it was still snowing two days ago

just jumping in here I live in green river Wyoming and the run off hasn't even started yet so most of Wyoming's run off is going to Powell this year the gorge is at 90 percent full and the small reservoir above it is at 60 percent so Wyoming is going to help lake Powell big time this year and by the way it was still snowing two days ago
What do you know ...boy. Bryant love the slabs, they work

Guessing because they time the release to occur when the Yampa starts rising. It is done to mimic a more natural peak in runoff for the native fish species in the Green. It is a misconception that it has any effect on the total amount of water released from Flaming Gorge, just timing of the release.....

Sherman Mconell I live in Pinedale. I tried to drive up to Elkheart Park yesterday, snow drifts block the road about 4 miles from the Guard Station...The Wind River Mountains are pure white....lots of snow to melt!

When are they going to start the release? I don't see any change in release all this week.
Tomorrow would have been Tuesday and now it is 4 days later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back