Fishing Yesterday in the Southern Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
I had some college students from UT State U come down with my grand daughter for spring break. I put them on the back of the boat and trolled in the backs of a few southern canyons with no luck. The fish were just not interested. Then between 3-4 PM the fish woke up and started hitting our trolling lures. The location and the lure type did not seem to make any difference. It was all about the timing. Looks like we are going out this afternoon and I will let you know how the magic hour works today.

Last edited:
Look forward to reading about it! It was a nice warm day in Flagstaff so I imagine it was also pretty nice on the lake yesterday.

It was a nice warm day yesterday, but we spent more time sight seeing and hiking rather than fishing. I did troll into Padre Canyon at 4:30 pm but graphed no fish (there were 2 shad schools). We struck out on our one trolling run to the back of the canyon. We climber up Cookie Jar on a calm afternoon and once again were blown away by the incredible beauty of Lake Powell and Padre Bay.

Is the water warming up possibly turning them on at 3 ?

Yes warming water and the moon is getting bigger each night so morning fishing is not as good as afternoon and evening fish when the moon is big and bright. The full moon is about a week away. If fishing in the next two weeks expect to catch more fish in the afternoon instead of the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back