Fishing Report May 7-9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Herrin

We only got to fish 3 days because of houseboat issues, but it was worth the trip. We heard a report of walleye being caught up in GHB. I read Wayne's report about tagging walleye up north starting at 7 mile. So that is where we went. Started at mouth of 7 mile and Gary Moore caught a lake trout on first cast! But then Marc Young caught walleye on the next. We fished between mouth of 7 mouth all the way up to floating potty at mouth of GHB. Gary caught a tagged walleye :) The 3 of us caught a total of 42 walleye and about 20 SMB for 3 days of fishing.I did catch one nice LMB. I released to grow upo. See Gary's report on Tagged walleye page.

Hotwheels

Attachments

• IMG_20170508_114050030_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170508_114050030_HDR.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 72
We only got to fish 3 days because of houseboat issues, but it was worth the trip. We heard a report of walleye being caught up in GHB. I read Wayne's report about tagging walleye up north starting at 7 mile. So that is where we went. Started at mouth of 7 mile and Gary Moore caught a lake trout on first cast! But then Marc Young caught walleye on the next. We fished between mouth of 7 mouth all the way up to floating potty at mouth of GHB. Gary caught a tagged walleye :) The 3 of us caught a total of 42 walleye and about 20 SMB for 3 days of fishing.I did catch one nice LMB. I released to grow upo. See Gary's report on Tagged walleye page.

Hotwheels

Thanks for checking in. I am glad you got back out on the lake and had a good trip. Keep it up!

You caught a mackinaw? Lake Trout. I did not know of them in Powell!
As Dungee indicated lake trout escape from upstream reservoirs and work their way down to Lake Powell. They are not in good shape when they arrive and have little to eat in the lake so they do not do well.

Hotwheels

Here is pic of Gary with his tagged walleye
You caught a mackinaw? Lake Trout. I did not know of them in Powell!

Yes, there are a few Lake Trout in Lake Powell. :) I seen Wayne report on them before.

As Dungee indicated lake trout escape from upstream reservoirs and work their way down to Lake Powell. They are not in good shape when they arrive and have little to eat in the lake so they do not do well.

Yes what Wayne said. The lake trout was not in very good shape, kind of skinny looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back