Fishing in Bullfrog area starting tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gem Morris

Keeper of San Juan Secrets
I'll be there until Sunday, camping in Stanton in a white Dodge 3500 dually and a white Lance Camper. My boat is mostly white with a wakeboard tower. Come say hi if you're in the area, we'll compare notes.

I'll also be monitoring 16

Good Luck Gem. On my last trip we had the southern end to ourselves with willing fish, warm sun and calm seas. We caught 25 fat, strong stripers trolling Bevy Shad and XD Pointers in Gunsight Canyon. There were also good reports from West, Rock Creek and Warm Creek that we still have to try.

I'll be there until Sunday, camping in Stanton in a white Dodge 3500 dually and a white Lance Camper. My boat is mostly white with a wakeboard tower. Come say hi if you're in the area, we'll compare notes.

I'll also be monitoring 16
Love the Thanksgiving trip, could not do it this year. Good Luck Gem hope you stumble into to big pile of walleyes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Wayne and Bobco.

We cut out trip short because of the threat of driving thru snow to get back home - but so far, no snow in the Salt Lake Valley.

We trolled and spooned in Bullfrog Bay behind the Dome Rock with about 15 other boats. We did pretty well, caught about 50 stripers. All but 2 were very healthy, but young - two completely full bags of fillets. Weather was beautiful.

I spooned up 3 or 4 on a Kastmaster, the others I caught were on an umbrella rig with 50 feet of line out. Once I got used to fishing it, it produced very well. From the Dome Rock up to the island on the same side of the bay the bottom was more or less solid fish - about the bottom 5 feet - on the screen constantly. It was amazing.

Some guys did well tipping jigs with anchovies, we never tried that. Got a report of 65 fish in one day from Striper City.

Last trip of the year, that's always a sad day. Now we wait until the water gets hard enough to walk on. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back