Fishing at Buoy #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyboytroy

Yesterday was an epic day on Powell.. We started off the morning at 8 am at the Dam. Caught only two very skinny stripers in two hours. We decided to move to our next spot Bouy 3, and oh boy!!! We were there from 10:30 am until 2:30 PM and caught 74 Stripers!!! We had to stop because we ran out of room.. Stripers size and health varied from skinny to healthy... I would say 70% healthy and 30% skinny. Our largest was 24 inches and about 5 lbs..

On a side note, when we were coming back to the marina I blew a head gasket on my mariner 165. I am sure all those stripers but a lot of strain on my boat motor. :) With a sick motor, its still was a great day of fishing...

Yesterday was an epic day on Powell.. We started off the morning at 8 am at the Dam. Caught only two very skinny stripers in two hours. We decided to move to our next spot Bouy 3, and oh boy!!! We were there from 10:30 am until 2:30 PM and caught 74 Stripers!!! We had to stop because we ran out of room.. Stripers size and health varied from skinny to healthy... I would say 70% healthy and 30% skinny. Our largest was 24 inches and about 5 lbs..

On a side note, when we were coming back to the marina I blew a head gasket on my mariner 165. I am sure all those stripers but a lot of strain on my boat motor. :) With a sick motor, its still was a great day of fishing...
That was a Mercruiser 165 that I blew the head gasket .

We replaced the head gasket and went back out to the buoy #3 on Friday April 12
.. we caught 122 stripers!!! It was the best day ever on lake Powell!! We had so many that we had to string them on the side of the boat. We used a double tail white grub with a salt water jig head. It took is 3 hours to clean the fish but well worth it...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190409-080521_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20190409-080521_Video Player.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 17522.jpeg
    17522.jpeg
    449.9 KB · Views: 98
Sounds like a great trip sans the motor trouble. But you got that worked out quickly.

I grew up on a 1974 Larson with a 165 HP Merc I6. Many a good time in that boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back