Fishing around Antelope Marina area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cap503fd

New here. How is the fishing in the southern part of the lake? All I am reading about is Bullfrog and north. I'm in St. George and NEED to get on the water. I would also like to catch some fish, Lg mouth, smallies, stripers. Or just about anything with gills......

Fishing is great in the southend depending on time of year, location, how good you can fish and of course, luck. A quick access from St. George. Castle Rock Cut comes into play if you are heading uplake but a short trip to Wahweap Bay will give you a great taste as well as heading towards the dam for stripers and hitting the shoreline on the way for bass. Don't know when you can go but I wait till the water warms up for the best results. Good luck

Thanks for all the replies. I am retired and need to get out and drown a worm or anchovies or something. Cold doesn't bother me unless I am not catching anything.

Please keep the tips and suggestions coming.....

I tried fishing for stripers on Jan 31 at Lone Rock and only caught 1 that was too skinny to filet. The water was only 35 feet deep at the base of Lone Rock and we fished by trolling and bouncing 1 ounce jigs on the bottom. I recommend fishing the back of Navajo Canyon while the weather is still cold. I have not been there recently, but usually have the best luck there in the winter months for striper, smallmouth, and crappie. Since the Castle Rock Cut is closed, access to Navajo Canyon is by going around the south side of Antelope Island.

The main launch ramp at Wahweap Marina is the only public ramp that is open. The public launch ramp at Antelope Point and Stateline are closed.

Last edited:

I have tried the deep trolling - usually just snag up on a hump!!!😢 What speed do you troll with a DD20??? How do you know the exact depth it is??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back