Fish report 4/29-5/2 north of Bullfrog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chet Garling

Two of us fished Monday late through Thursday around noon. Just over 300 fish between the two of us throwing mostly 4” single tails. Ran up to Good hope bay, visibility 6”. Fished the southern end of good hope and further down lake. Had about 25 walleye, 20 or so stripers some crappie, and a lot less of the big sunfish we caught last year. The cold front made it difficult on Wednesday and Thursday. Most of the stripers were fine a few skinny ones.

Attachments

• 50B58B18-8B41-4430-AAE5-71523A3C6146.jpeg
    50B58B18-8B41-4430-AAE5-71523A3C6146.jpeg
    443 KB · Views: 156
  • E589C1CC-6CFA-4244-A122-B8491D8E447C.jpeg
    E589C1CC-6CFA-4244-A122-B8491D8E447C.jpeg
    464.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 8F9DDE08-1797-4A31-BFEB-3121B3B1CAC4.jpeg
    8F9DDE08-1797-4A31-BFEB-3121B3B1CAC4.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 164
Two of us fished Monday late through Thursday around noon. Just over 300 fish between the two of us throwing mostly 4” single tails. Ran up to Good hope bay, visibility 6”. Fished the southern end of good hope and further down lake. Had about 25 walleye, 20 or so stripers some crappie, and a lot less of the big sunfish we caught last year. The cold front made it difficult on Wednesday and Thursday. Most of the stripers were fine a few skinny ones.
Did you camp up there ?

Nice we are heading up this Sunday to spend a week or so. This will be our first trip this far north. We usually go in down at Antelope. I have been trying to find gas stations information and since you were just their maybe you can help? I know the marina has the boats covered and Im sure I am just being overly paranoid but what is the gas situation up at or around Halls Crossing for your trucks?

There's a gas station near the park entrance at Halls Crossing. I've never used them before, but assume they have pay-at-pump for after hours.

I guess asking which direction do you come from first as it looks like your from Colorado? I am generally a little under 200 miles with my boat and my dad is less towing his house boat. We can make it from Mexican Hat or White Mesa without issue just not sure if its worth risking it back. Although it doesn't sound like their are really any other options. Maybe just a new truck.. ;)

Did you camp up there ?

Yes first night in the southern edge of good hope and then moved down to cedar chasing clearer water, it cleared some after the cold front moved through but I’m thinking it is going to be real muddy real soon, we launched out of Bullfrog on the dirt in a 26’ tritoon.

Yes first night in the southern edge of good hope and then moved down to cedar chasing clearer water, it cleared some after the cold front moved through but I’m thinking it is going to be real muddy real soon, we launched out of Bullfrog on the dirt in a 26’ tritoon.
Cedar was where I thinking about camping. Did you see any good camping sites ?

Nice we are heading up this Sunday to spend a week or so. This will be our first trip this far north. We usually go in down at Antelope. I have been trying to find gas stations information and since you were just their maybe you can help? I know the marina has the boats covered and Im sure I am just being overly paranoid but what is the gas situation up at or around Halls Crossing for your trucks?
They have pay at the pump 24hrs at the RV camp ground, diesal and unleaded. The camp ground was starting to fill up when we left this morning.

You northern guys look congested, exact opposite from I woulda thought but the south doesn't have to deal with the real river.

They have pay at the pump 24hrs at the RV camp ground, diesal and unleaded. The camp ground was starting to fill up when we left this morning.

Thanks for the info on the pumps. We will be staying on the water so not too worried about the campgrounds. I was going to check them out for future possible use tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back