First time to Lake Powell fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Moore

Hi My dad retired and I usually fish with my uncle being two of us and now my dad will make three, we have a big bass boat with a new kicker motor on its way ordered up for safety measures. We are wanting to go to Lake Powell within the next two to four weeks for some striper boils and exciting fishing. Can anyone help us with our first trip to Lake Powell? Were thinking bull frog marina, then driving the mornings for boils and getting some fish to take home for eating and filling the freezer as we love fish.
= The process of the cleaning stations and appointments for having your boat washed? Is an obstacle for us is that an easy process?
= Also were staying just one night in a hotel so we can fish an evening and a morning through afternoon. Any decent priced hotels?
=Were just new to Lake Powell and ksl outdoors made it seem like this is a good place for information.

Thanks,

Alex

= The process of the cleaning stations and appointments for having your boat washed? Is an obstacle for us is that an easy process?

--- Depending on where you plan to launch next and how soon, you may not need a decontamination - you only need to be inspected. If you will be launching in the near future at another lake, you should schedule the decontamination. I only launch at Powell so I haven't had to go through the process. Read this thread in the Lake Powell Issues forum Quagga mussels, small boats and short visits

= Also were staying just one night in a hotel so we can fish an evening and a morning through afternoon. Any decent priced hotels?

----If you are planning to launch from the north end, there are only 2 choices. Defiance House, run by Aramark, in the park or Ticaboo Lodge about 15 miles outside the park. The park also has tent camping and you can rent trailer units "family" units. Check Lake Powell Resorts & Marina's website for more details on lodging. Besides these 2 options, you are looking at Hanksville and it's an hour outside the park.

=Were just new to Lake Powell and ksl outdoors made it seem like this is a good place for information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back