First Aid at Bullfrog Marina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermine Tippel

Wondering if the First Aid station at Bullfrog Marina for medical emergency on and off the lake is still open and what would be their hours?
Thank you!
Hermine Tippel
Oma's Haven

Guess you need to plan your emergency then.

The clinic is only open on Friday’s during the shoulder season. 1 doctor 6 to hours a week. Be prepared for a helicopter flight out if something happens. This is the normal for bullfrog this time of year. Just more than normal demand and people

Open Friday's 11AM to 6PM usually but not always. I understand they can if you meet the requirements write you a script to get tested for the virus but you will have to travel up north to get tested. Classic Air out of Page AZ sells a family membership for less than $80 a year that if you have medical insurance covers "life flights" in the southwest that can save you thousands of dollars. I don't know about patients with the virus though. Be sure you call ahead if you have symptoms. Call NPS dispatch at all other times.

Last edited:
Normally not until around Memorial Day at the end of May but with this National Emergency everything can change quickly as in shortage of health care providers. They do now have some better equipment and generally if you can get there alive they can stabilize you and get you on a life flight. They are a great asset but the biggest enemy is time in emergencies you must understand and consider before traveling to remote sections of Lake Powell. Maintaining medications and keeping a list of them and health conditions with you can make a real difference here.

That is true unless only fixed wing craft are available or the helicopter cannot land due to location or weather or will be longer arriving than the time required to get you to the clinic. Response times can be an hour or more but are usually under ideal situations are around 45 minutes I believe as a first responder usually makes the decision for the call on site after dispatch has arranged for the life flight to be on call.

Last edited:
Why Limit and strain the small amount of resource available at the lake. Stay Home. Putting others at risk for your recreation is not being a good lake steward, or Citizen. If your Mother or child were to catch Covid How would you feel?

CLASSIC AIR MEDICAL – Secure | Trusted | Professional Link to anyone who needs it. I have been a member for years, and will second the well worth it. Had a family member that needed a Med Flight, it was $8,000 that insurance did not cover.

Last edited:
I have a great idea! If anyone wants to go to the lake, float the river, go camping or (God forbid) take a shower in your own home...think like our ancestors who settled this country and deal with it if you run into bears, big fish or slippery floors. Health care providers are just too busy...and don't drive! Don't walk, skip or run....you might trip. Don't eat either...anything. You might choke. And don't pi** off your neighbor or your spouse...be nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back