Final trip of 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bride & RANDY, thanks for your hospitality having Goldie & I visit for a while on your houseboat. Sorry to know it’s your last trip for the year. I have one more in me for this year, I’ll have to go back and winterize the boat and RV. Squirrel

PowellBride, I passed you on Sunday and thought I would catch up to you on the way back but that thing must cruise pretty good you were no where to be seen when we returned to BF. I wish I would have stopped and said hi. Hopefully there will be another time.

Last edited:
Dworwood, it was good to meet you this week to be able to put a face on a name. You seemed to do better fishin' than we did.I'll probably be back the first week of Oct. for 3 or 4 days. Sq

Squirrel, I have commitments every weekend until the 25th of October, I am hoping to go for three days then. I will rely on you to find the boils when you go down and let us know where they are happening! LOL It has to start soon in the north and if it doesn't I may go to the "beautiful" south end where the action is. I really wanted to fill some freezer bags with fillets before winter hits but I may starve this winter if things don't change! We found most of the fish we caught in two small areas and was lucky enough to cash in. Both areas just looked good and the fish were in a 50 foot stretch, get out of that and no fish so we would go back and stay right on them. I would show you on a map but no way can I describe it and get you there. It was good to meet you guys, thanks again for the hospitality you showed us. Your wife is a gem that I could hang out with anytime! Take care and good luck with off shore on your pricing.

I passed you on Sunday and thought I would catch up to you on the way back but that thing must cruise pretty good you were no where to be seen when we returned to BF. I wish I would have stopped and said hi. Hopefully there will be another time.
I’m sorry we missed you. That thing DOES NOT cruise, a stately 7 mph is our norm. We were hiding out on our buoy. For the moment we’re one of the lonely boats in the North Halls field. Next time definitely stop to say hi. Did you hail us? Someone did on Sunday AM, but when we responded on the radio we weren’t able to connect

I’m sorry we missed you. That thing DOES NOT cruise, a stately 7 mph is our norm. We were hiding out on our buoy. For the moment we’re one of the lonely boats in the North Halls field. Next time definitely stop to say hi. Did you hail us? Someone did on Sunday AM, but when we responded on the radio we weren’t able to connect
Yes I did but I waited too long and we were around the corner, my squelch broke but I knew we wouldn't be able to talk. I should have hailed you as soon as we went by. I slowed down and stuck my arm out and waved but I did not stop. My bad. Next time I will make sure to stop and introduce myself. Enjoy your posts and comments. Too bad it was your last trip for the year, see you next year. DW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back