Fees at the Entrance

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschell

I have a senior pass, I know this will get us into the park for free. But, how about when towing a boat into the park? will there be any fees on the boat and trailer, or any stickers to buy like the glen canyon sticker you apply to the boat.

The machine will give you a receipt not a sticker. Which I figure is good because it can be shared between boats(on different trips). I however have never had to show my receipt to a ranger on the water.

The first time you go thru the check station, with an attendant in the booth, they will take the receipt and issue you a sticker if you don’t have one on the boat. They don’t let you keep the receipt. Sq

The last time I tried the machine it charged me and did not give me a receipt. Huge PITA. I won't use it again.

Used the machine a couple of weeks ago, noticed there’s a two-fer option...2 annual boat passes for $100.

No cost savings but a hassle/time saver if you have multiple boats/PWCs.

Used the machine a couple of weeks ago, noticed there’s a two-fer option...2 annual boat passes for $100.

No cost savings but a hassle/time saver if you have multiple boats/PWCs.
I thought the annual pass for a boat was only $30.00. Sq

Last year I was a passenger in truck towing boat, both of us have geezer passes. At Antelope Point station, attendant wanted to charge us some amount for entrance and boat. I showed my pass and she reduced it to $15 for the rig. We shrugged, couldn't figure out her logic. Talked to friends, we never did figure what should have been the correct amount. Dunno.

Annual pass? It's not even 365 days long. It's only good until the end of the calendar year. I sure wish they'd change that to a 365 day pass...

Heck. Who am I kidding? When you only go to the lake October - April, who cares? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back