Favorite LP Pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there is a “Gunsight” on the south end but I think the “gunsight” captured in your top 2 photos are a much better representation of a gunsight. I’ve been calling that formation the “real” Gunsight for about 15 years

I am glad to hear that ! I agree, I have seen Gunsight down South, but thought this was a more "accurate" one!

We watched the sun illuminate it in the mornings and go down behind it several days this year while enjoying our time at Hite!
Fingers crossed for another wet winter...

There is a Battleship in White. This “Gunsight” is just across the channel from the Hite boat ramp. It kinda guards the entrance of North Wash which you can see in the background.

In the top left of the top photo along the skyline you can also see the “other” March of the Elephants. I don’t know if it’s better than the original but it’s pretty good :)

Last edited:
Not Lake Powell BUT 2017 and hope all find them of interest.
On New Year's Eve my wife and I drove a short distance from St George UT up to an overwinter habitat of Bald Eagles.....who could resist, right?
Not sure of exactly how many but, to our great pleasure, we found at least a dozen of the majestic creatures passing the time in some cottonwood trees.
IMG_2094crop_9x16.JPG

Goblin

Reminds me of the Eagles that used to fish the Mississippi River in the winter, they would be sitting in the trees by the lock & dam waiting to catch a fish in the open water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back