Favorite Bass Recipes - Toni Chatto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my favorite bass recipes. One for the cholesterol conscience and one for the others.

Fried bass
Cut the fish into even thickness. I like 1 inch strips. For the coating I use instant potato flakes and I find the cheaper the brand the better they coat. I use a paper plate with deep sides. Pour enough potato flakes on the plate to make it 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep. To this add your favorite spices (salt, pepper, lemon pepper, garlic, parsley, basil, ...) and mix together. Mix an egg with one tablespoon milk in a bowl. Coat the fish with the egg mixture and coat with the potato flakes. Fry in 3 tablespoons olive oil in a fry pan, on both sides, and drain on a paper towel in another paper plate. Its a nice, crunchy, potato chip like coating.

Broiled Bass
This is done in a regular electric oven with a top broiler burner and is good for fillet sides or tail fillets. I use a 9" x 13" aluminum baking pan lined with foil with a wire grill on top. Place fish on the wire grill and butter lightly (olive oil can be used instead of butter). Season the fish with your favorite spices. Top with a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese. Broil for about 10 minutes until the cheese turns a nice golden brown. Ummmmm snarf 'em down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back