Farley’s Canyon water level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Clifton

I see from last years fishing reports that when I was at Farley’s the first of May last year the water level was 3,609. I had no trouble getting my kayak in at the gravel ramp. Currently the level is 3,568 which is 40’ below last year at this time. Just curious if I’ll be able to fish it at that level or should I wait until it rises and chance missing the crappie spawn. I hit it just right last year and was hoping to do the same again! I’m new to Lake Powell so any suggestions are greatly appreciated! TIA!!

Both Farley and White are separated from the lake, and Trachyte is all but separated. The end of the lake at Farley is about 300 yards from where the "road" meets the arroyo/draw. White canyon drains more area and has maintained elevation to that of the river. The last photos I saw from pegasus showed that White was a narrow muddy mess, but Farley was nice and clear. If you go into Farley let us know as it's our favorite place to camp and use our pedalboat.

Seems like someone said Farley was muddy because of a rainstorm a few weeks back? Seems like now would be a great time to fish Farley, your kayak can be carried pretty far compared to a tin boat. I would think you could have it to yourself!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back