Falcon Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reed

So yesterday morning between Padre and Dominguez Buttes my son saw these two Peregrine Falcons eating. Because we were on the SeaDoos he was able to get very close. I think they were eating a young crow or Raven but not sure.

We watched for sometime. It was really amazing to watch them consume thier breakfast. Just another day in Paradise.

IMG_1344.jpgIMG_1571.jpgIMG_1510.jpgIMG_1179.JPGIMG_1343.jpgIMG_1340.jpg

Very Cool, AWESOME PICTURES !! Thanks for posting them!! Not a coot, the Legs are too Long some kind of long legged shore bird, heron or egret maybe. Ill check with my birding buddy he can probably figure it out .

It may be a Glossy Ibis which is an occasional visitor to Utah. The combination of the long black legs and the iridescent green and the dark rust/red kinda eliminates other possibilities - I’d welcome any feedback.

Attachments

• B23CD37B-488B-41DA-8A68-897E2CD408C1.jpeg
    B23CD37B-488B-41DA-8A68-897E2CD408C1.jpeg
    352.3 KB · Views: 52
It may be a Glossy Ibis which is an occasional visitor to Utah. The combination of the long black legs and the iridescent green and the dark rust/red kinda eliminates other possibilities - I’d welcome any feedback.
I think you nailed it, looks like the same colors and legs ! Great pictures so cool to have been able to watch that !
Mildog

If it is an American coot, it looks like his whopper feet might get in the way of a quick take off! Fantastic pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back