Dry Rock Creek Stripers September 5th - 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMartin

We found some very good fishing in the back of Dry Rock Creek. Morning and evening, there were stacks of stripers and they were hitting jigs. Sometimes I could feel my lure get bumped several times on the way down. We had a great time and caught all we cared to fillet. My husband was using a chrome 2 oz Hopkins No=EQL lure; I was using a red/silver Hopkins Smoothie lure. Sometimes he caught more (he probably cheated), sometimes I skillfully caught more......

On a sad note - this past winter we lost our best buddy Dewey (see my picture) to cancer. But on a positive note, we are introducing a new golden retriever to the wonders of Lake Powell.Fishin' Casey.jpg

Go to the back of Dry Rock Creek just past the last alcove on the left. Fish are located about 1/2 way between either shore in 60-70 feet of water. Happy fishing

Last edited:
We found some very good fishing in the back of Dry Rock Creek. Morning and evening, there were stacks of stripers and they were hitting jigs. Sometimes I could feel my lure get bumped several times on the way down. We had a great time and caught all we cared to fillet. My husband was using a chrome 2 oz Hopkins No=EQL lure; I was using a red/silver Hopkins Smoothie lure. Sometimes he caught more (he probably cheated), sometimes I skillfully caught more......

On a sad note - this past winter we lost our best buddy Dewey (see my picture) to cancer. But on a positive note, we are introducing a new golden retriever to the wonders of Lake Powell.View attachment 3234

Go to the back of Dry Rock Creek just past the last alcove on the left. Fish are located about 1/2 way between either shore in 60-70 feet of water. Happy fishing
Thanks a bunch for the report heading that way in the AM. Hoping to find your leftovers. Quick question any good tent spots near there?

Also are you referring to the left branch of DRC???
There were lots and lots of "left-overs". Hope you get some. I had to check my description. I'm attaching a rough map that I hope makes things clear. There are a fair number of flat areas in the alcoves to the south side of DRCC - but I've marked the flat areas that I know of nearest where we fished. I don't know how shallow it gets at the end of DRCC, but we did see a houseboat back there.Rock Creek Bay Area.jpeg

Wow way over the top, thanks for the come back. I'm pretty sure even I can figure that out. Gotta love Wayne's Words and the folks on here. Thanks again. I'm just going with a pontoon so if a houseboat can beach there I'm sure I'll be good. This will save me a bunch of gas I was planning on the Juan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back