Double tail hula grubs question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve H

I have a question and maybe someone has an answer. I called the Yamamoto store and they could not help. For many years I have been a huge fan of the double tail grub in color 208. Attached is a picture of some new and some old baits. The new are darker. Is it possible the older ones were the same darkness but faded with age? They are 93 and 97's in size. The older one of the far left is larger than the present day 97's, the store tells me they never made anything bigger than the ones sold today. Have any of you come across the "really big" size? If you have what is the #? I think it is an old version of the 97.

ps. the "new" 208 - 93 caught about 20 lmb in 2 1/2 hours at Gunlock a couple of days ago
20181027_145018.jpg

Last edited:
I have a question and maybe someone has an answer. I called the Yamamoto store and they could not help. For many years I have been a huge fan of the double tail grub in color 208. Attached is a picture of some new and some old baits. The new are darker. Is it possible the older ones were the same darkness but faded with age? They are 93 and 97's in size. The older one of the far left is larger than the present day 97's, the store tells me they never made anything bigger than the ones sold today. Have any of you come across the "really big" size? If you have what is the #? I think it is an old version of the 97.

ps. the "new" 208 - 93 caught about 20 lmb in 2 1/2 hours at Gunlock a couple of days ago
View attachment 3446
I think I have some of the bigger ones, I'll check

Best Lake Powell bait there is. I think we’ve come across the same dilemma you have. Some bodies have been a tad bigger for some reason. My guess is that it’s iust a slight difference in molds that they used. As far as I’ve ever understood the only differences you can buy are lengths...?

Linnell thank you for verifying what I thought. When I called the Yamamoto store they swore the bigger one does not exist. I would like to find somewhere to purchase them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back