Does Halls have gas again now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal95

I know they were down for a while. Was wondering if they are back up and running yet. Looking to head to Powell next week. Thanks!

No. When I asked on Sunday, I was told that the earliest they would be open is mid-August.

I asked while I was there last week and they confirmed they are waiting for new fuel dock which is still being built. I've heard Labor Day may be more realistic

I am heading down to Halls in a couple of weeks so I called them to find out the status of their gas pumps. He said that they are working on them right now and hope to have the 91 octane up and going by the end of the week, but he said that he is not holding his breath either......for what that is worth. I hope so, I am assuming that Bullfrog gas is rather busy because of this.

P.S. yes, I did ask him if he was talking about this year, he did not like that comment much until I assured him I was only joking, then he had to laugh at it too.

Reflecting on my experience doing even small houseboat plumbing projects at Powell 300 miles from the major suppliers, I can have some empathy with the folks at Halls who are trying to get the gas pumps back on. There is a time to make do with what you have, but gas piping is something I would just as soon they get right.

Reflecting on my experience doing even small houseboat plumbing projects at Powell 300 miles from the major suppliers, I can have some empathy with the folks at Halls who are trying to get the gas pumps back on. There is a time to make do with what you have, but gas piping is something I would just as soon they get right.
Yeah not a good time for bondo and duct tape. And you are right about the pain in the neck factor working in remote locations. You better have you're truck stocked for any situation.

I would agree that this is certainly a situation where care and proper equipment/supplies should be used to correctly fix the fuel docks. And I also know and appreciate how hard it is to diagnose and fix anything at the North end.

However, that shouldn't be used as an excuse for the repairs to literally take months to complete.

When we were at the Halls store on Wednesday, one of the exec services captains confirmed Bullfrog was open and Halls will have 91 octane only until they get the new fuel dock in place (assuming the Park Service approves it in the reasonably near future)

I got premium fuel at halls on sat, the attendant said he was at bullfrog when that boat exploded and the boat operator didn't turn on his blower. The attendant did a great job fueling my boat. I somehow lost my fuel cap so i took the fresh water cap and put it on the fuel. I removed the cap before he got there and as soon as he started fueling he noticed the cap! As he freaked out a little he asked me if this really was the fuel tank. Haha, good catch i told him. When he was done he said your water tank is full sir, haha. He did a real nice professional job which was real nice considering these fueling problems we've been hearing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back