Doepke group - Stripers/MM25

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were catching several size fish in the schools. The younger 1.5 lb fish were healthy and fought well. The three to 3.5 lb fish were longer and thinner.

Holy moly! How does one keep track of that many fish? That would be a lot of filleting.
Notes on iPhone.
After each fishing session I log catches and sub total..pretty easy.
I also keep a log book of every trip, camp spot, water elevation, fishing conditions and fish counts. I can go back ten years and see every trip I have made and what the lake elevation was at a specific camp spot.

Notes on iPhone.
After each fishing session I log catches and sub total..pretty easy.
I also keep a log book of every trip, camp spot, water elevation, fishing conditions and fish counts. I can go back ten years and see every trip I have made and what the lake elevation was at a specific camp spot.
Well done. If it is more than just me in the boat, I have a hard enough time remembering what is in the live well. I wish I was that organized. I am impressed!

Well done. If it is more than just me in the boat, I have a hard enough time remembering what is in the live well. I wish I was that organized. I am impressed!
It really helps in trip planning. If I want to stay at the mouth of the San Juan, I look up my past trips around the same water level and see if there are going to be any good spots. Provides a good starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back