Did you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIS MCBETH

I was doing some research on Lake Powell.

Presently despite the water being as low as it is (about 54% of total capacity), the lake level is HIGHER than it was this time last year so maybe there's hope of it coming back up with the recent snowfall across much of the west?

That said, the estimated amount of water currently held behind the damn is about 4,124,942,160,762 gallons of water (Yes, that's trillions)... or enough water to cover 24 million acres of land a foot deep!!!!!!!!

Put another way, Lake Powell currently holds within it enough water to cover an area the size of Utah under about 6" of water!

Lake Powell.jpg

Last edited:
Ok Chris... Imagine if you had a milk jug of water 4, Trillion milk jugs is a lot of water.... now imaging 21 trillion milk jugs.... over 4 times as much...

so imagine that each milk jug is a dollar.... well over 21 trillion is the national debt....
Fun trying to imagine 5 lake powells full of milk jugs of water= 21 trillion dollars in Debt.... Ugg

C
I was doing some research on Lake Powell.

Presently despite the water being as low as it is (about 54% of total capacity), the lake level is HIGHER than it was this time last year so maybe there's hope of it coming back up with the recent snowfall across much of the west?

That said, the estimated amount of water currently held behind the damn is about 4,124,942,160,762 gallons of water (Yes, that's trillions)... or enough water to cover 24 million acres of land a foot deep!!!!!!!!

Put another way, Lake Powell currently holds within it enough water to cover an area the size of Utah under about 6" of water!

View attachment 2276
Chris you crack me up. Your enthusism is great but.... The current lake situation is as scary as I've ever seen. Yes we are higher than last year but our water coming in looks horrible. I'm still fishing.

Ok Chris... Imagine if you had a milk jug of water 4, Trillion milk jugs is a lot of water.... now imaging 21 trillion milk jugs.... over 4 times as much...

so imagine that each milk jug is a dollar.... well over 21 trillion is the national debt....
Fun trying to imagine 5 lake powells full of milk jugs of water= 21 trillion dollars in Debt.... Ugg
Yes but apparently one gallon of water (if it happens to be at 32 degrees or lower in temperature) is worth $6.06 and if I can do my math that’s $24 TRILLION and that could pay the national debt in full. PowellBride, how many gallons do you want? :)

There has been a LOT of snow the past week. All that won’t show up in Powell for a while, so be patient. I’m hoping it will bring the water level back way up (like it does every year starting in May)!

So sleep well my friend. No use fretting over what you can’t change. The good news is there’s 411 feet of water still to give ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back