Debris in water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtm

I'm headed to bullfrog in 2 days. We've always gone north but concerned about the amount of logs in water and debris from the high water up there. Anyone know how bad the water debris is? Typically go up near tapestry wall. Is it better south?

Unfortunately, the higher the water level gets the more logs/debris there will be in the water. Obviously, the inflow will carry some stuff into the lake from the top, but a lot will come from the shoreline as well. We spent a couple of days in Cottonwood Cyn. a few weeks ago and I saw a 3 ft.diameter by 25 or 30 ft. long cottonwood log that will be floating by now. Sure wouldn't want to find that one in the dark.

GregC

Unfortunately, the higher the water level gets the more logs/debris there will be in the water. Obviously, the inflow will carry some stuff into the lake from the top, but a lot will come from the shoreline as well. We spent a couple of days in Cottonwood Cyn. a few weeks ago and I saw a 3 ft.diameter by 25 or 30 ft. long cottonwood log that will be floating by now. Sure wouldn't want to find that one in the dark.

GregC
Hitting something like that log makes one of the most sickening sounds a boater can here/feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back