Dam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron McKinney

We hit up the dam Sat. and Sun. caught a bunch Sat. nada on Sun. All on Chovies. about half were skinny. Biggest one about 3-4 pounds had a gut full of someone else's chum. Still fun to get a few. Guess I'll have to take the long drive to the other end to find any boils.

Thanks for the report. Did you do anything different on Saturday than you did on Sunday? Mostly what I am asking is if you fished the same time of day each day, or if you fished at different times. That has been the biggest factor for me by the dam, but sometimes the school just isn't there and sometimes they are.

Thanks for the report. Did you do anything different on Saturday than you did on Sunday? Mostly what I am asking is if you fished the same time of day each day, or if you fished at different times. That has been the biggest factor for me by the dam, but sometimes the school just isn't there and sometimes they are.
Pretty near the same time and spot. We left for greener pastures and never found them, maybe should have waited them out.

My recent experience includes doing the same things, in the same spots with completely different results. I have had a recent run of bad luck in catching much of anything. Then I get tired and grumpy only to find the next report from the spot just fished was positive. As Ron said maybe I should have waited! Unfortunately I can't do that without serious struggles about what is around the next corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back