Dads Retired and we want to fish Lake Powel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Moore

Hi So i have usually been a party of Two on fishing trips with my Uncle and Today My dad has retired and now we are three in the boat. Excited to fish Lake Powel starting out. Our experience is fishing lakes within two hours of Brigham City. One time experience fishing the boils at a lake called Willard bay. we feel like we have a pretty decent basics tackle for bass however we are just so fresh. Found this site from ksl outdoors and hope to find a general direction to catch fish. We will be traveling for the Seven hours to Bull Frog most likely our first few times and want to get to experience some fun fishing.

Read through Wayne's Fishing Report and Anglers Corner for lots of information and tips. Search using the type of fish you are targeting. . Also provide more specifics on whether you are looking to fish for stripers or bass, and the time of year you are planning, the folks here will overload you on information.

Hi So i have usually been a party of Two on fishing trips with my Uncle and Today My dad has retired and now we are three in the boat. Excited to fish Lake Powel starting out. Our experience is fishing lakes within two hours of Brigham City. One time experience fishing the boils at a lake called Willard bay. we feel like we have a pretty decent basics tackle for bass however we are just so fresh. Found this site from ksl outdoors and hope to find a general direction to catch fish. We will be traveling for the Seven hours to Bull Frog most likely our first few times and want to get to experience some fun fishing.
Have a blast and slay em.... Welcome. Your gear will work.

we are well thanks to all for caring got some new and improved jigs to try will report back after the trip and i also have some new top water to try thanks to Bryant

I’m sure your headed to Bullfrog. Great fishing anywhere from there. Are you shore camping or staying in campgrounds or motel. That makes a little difference as what might limit you if your just day tripping. Best Striper action I’m sure will be towards Goodhope Bay. Make sure to buy a lake map so you know where your at

I’m sure your headed to Bullfrog. Great fishing anywhere from there. Are you shore camping or staying in campgrounds or motel. That makes a little difference as what might limit you if your just day tripping. Best Striper action I’m sure will be towards Goodhope Bay. Make sure to buy a lake map so you know where your at

Hi Steve, so my uncle is very picky and wants a motel. Right now the discussion going on between my dad and Uncle is "Hanksville Motel" I also heard they are planning on a couple of nights there. The time right now is Probably the first week of September Or earlier. Were just wanting to pick the best time to get my Uncle on a boil.

Hi Steve, so my uncle is very picky and wants a motel. Right now the discussion going on between my dad and Uncle is "Hanksville Motel" I also heard they are planning on a couple of nights there. The time right now is Probably the first week of September Or earlier. Were just wanting to pick the best time to get my Uncle on a boil.
It’s a long drive from Hanksville everyday to night when your tired. Lots of beef on the road also. I’ve gotten in great boils and spooning within 5 miles of the bullfrog ramp. Done over 100 fish right out by the haystacks (large round rocks) at the mouth of bullfrog just spooning and chasing boils.

We will be down fishing the 6th through 11th of September. If your down then be happy to help you out. Were on the Hooligan House boat out of Bullfrog. Were on the main walkway behind the store. Q2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back