Current lake level status and Slurps near Wahweap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
June 24 -Lake Powell water level this morning according to the USBR telephone service is 3606 .4 which is up three feet since I checked the same source last Friday morning. That is three more feet in three days. Rapidly rising water is causing loose small debris to float but not causing any serious problems with cruising in the bays. Water color at Wahweap is still mostly clear with a murky tinge to it. Early morning water temperature is 70 degrees due to the cool weather this weekend. The water gets warmer as the air temperature heads towards 90 in the afternoon.

Slurps were seen from Lake Shore Drive as I drove to work this morning. They were near Buoy 1, in the big cove closer to Wahweap and in Wahweap Bay. Looks like the stripers near the dam have finally found small shad swimming near the surface.

Fishing trip tomorrow to get data for fish report Wednesday. Stay Tuned.

June 24 -Lake Powell water level this morning according to the USBR telephone service is 3606 .4 which is up three feet since I checked the same source last Friday morning. That is three more feet in three days. Rapidly rising water is causing loose small debris to float but not causing any serious problems with cruising in the bays. Water color at Wahweap is still mostly clear with a murky tinge to it. Early morning water temperature is 70 degrees due to the cool weather this weekend. The water gets warmer as the air temperature heads towards 90 in the afternoon.

Slurps were seen from Lake Shore Drive as I drove to work this morning. They were near Buoy 1, in the big cove closer to Wahweap and in Wahweap Bay. Looks like the stripers near the dam have finally found small shad swimming near the surface.

Fishing trip tomorrow to get data for fish report Wednesday. Stay Tuned.
I'll be out tomorrow morning as well.
Launching at Stateline, and heading to Dam with my son and grandsons.
Hope to hit some slurps on the way to dam.

You better get a early start tomorrow by Wed. you may be swimming in the lake.
It was too cold to swim in the lake (72F) this morning but I am willing to try this afternoon. Wait a minute. Do you know how many slurping stripers are out there??? If they knew "Wayne" was in the water their might be a striper revolt. I better stay in the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back