Crappie fishing from a kayak!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Clifton

Had hoped to fish Farley’s Canyon next week but sounds like it won’t fishable because of the low water level! Any suggestions for an alternate spot on the lake that would have easy access for launching a kayak and might be a decent location to target crappie? TIA!!

While Farley is isolated from White and the rest of the lake, I don't see any reason that it wouldn't be "fishable" via kayak. If I were you, I would still do the Farley trip for three reasons: First there has been very little fishing pressure using boats(most fishing has been done from shore). Second, there will be few people in there(I guess pretty much the same reason as 1). Third, you can tell me how the fishing is as we'll be making several trips in there using our pedalboat in the upcoming weeks. We're headed to Halls Crossing this weekend, but have 5 fishermen and can't make the pedalboat work for this number of people. Even at these water levels Farley will have more than 50' of water at it's deepest point, and should be suitable habitat for the captured fish. Oh, there's reason four, you'll have a captive audience of fish.

While Farley is isolated from White and the rest of the lake, I don't see any reason that it wouldn't be "fishable" via kayak. If I were you, I would still do the Farley trip for three reasons: First there has been very little fishing pressure using boats(most fishing has been done from shore). Second, there will be few people in there(I guess pretty much the same reason as 1). Third, you can tell me how the fishing is as we'll be making several trips in there using our pedalboat in the upcoming weeks. We're headed to Halls Crossing this weekend, but have 5 fishermen and can't make the pedalboat work for this number of people. Even at these water levels Farley will have more than 50' of water at it's deepest point, and should be suitable habitat for the captured fish. Oh, there's reason four, you'll have a captive audience of fish.
First of all thanks for the quick response! I’m currently at Lake Havasu but will be heading north tomorrow and am planning to check out Farley’s probably on Monday or Tuesday just to see if it’s fishable! I had a lot of success last year the first of May back there but a year later could be different! I’ll post what I find! I might also check out Blue Notch Rd. and see how hard it is to get back in there. I’ve heard the drive in can be treacherous. I’m driving a Ford F-150 towing a 20’ R-Pod TT! If I have to I’ll unhook the TT to get back in there to check things out!

Ended up not stopping at Farley’s due to the weather forecast but might head back down next week. If anyone hears anything about Farley’s Canyon water conditions in the next few days please share! TIA!!

Ended up not stopping at Farley’s due to the weather forecast but might head back down next week. If anyone hears anything about Farley’s Canyon water conditions in the next few days please share! TIA!!
I’m headed to Farley’s May 8 with my kayaks. Could you keep me in the loop on the conditions? Thanks

If the weather forecast holds, we'll be there for the weekend of May 11th. We'll be in a pedal boat, and camped by the Cottonwood trees if that space is open.

I’m headed to Farley’s May 8 with my kayaks. Could you keep me in the loop on the conditions? Thanks
I might be heading back down on May 7 or 8 after my grandsons 1st birthday on the 4th! I’ll be camping in the Farley’s CG and then driving back in hoping I can access water with my kayak! If anyone can chime in with any reports it would be appreciated! Hope I don’t drive all that way for nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back