Couple of pics from this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance Cue

Just got back from the lake late this evening, thought I would post a couple pics from this weekend. The houseboat is from this morning at halls. The cool tarantula about ended my 12 yr old daughters desire to ever come back to the lake again and the lake pics were just something I took to send to a friend early this morning because i was boil fishing at daylight while he was drinking coffee and sitting on the couch! Haha! I should've taken pics of our destroyed camp from the storm that came through saturday evening while we made a marina run, guess I was busy holding down the remains of the tent 50 ft from where it was set up and trying to keep boats from blowing away. Great weekend with lots of excitement.

Attachments

• 20170730_103841.jpg
    20170730_103841.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 276
  • 20170730_103828.jpg
    20170730_103828.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 267
  • 20170729_231746.jpg
    20170729_231746.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 269
  • 20170730_072021.jpg
    20170730_072021.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 20170730_072039.jpg
    20170730_072039.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Wow, those pictures of the houseboat look eerily similar to the Serenity in 2014. Any idea what happened to the vessel that caused her to sink?

Thanks for the photos. Sorry for the owners of that boat. I have been there. :(

Micro burst Friday afternoon. Spoke with Rangers and about six boats swamped from the high winds. The wind coming across the bay was just perfect to flood this houseboat while in slip. Others had waves come over the front of speedboats and were swamped. There was damage to another houseboat in Ribbon Canyon. As always.....keep an eye on the sky and get hunkered down when you can.....that extra time with the anchors and learning to "ride" the waves in wind is so important. The Lake Powell winds at times can be on you so fast. Day winds are one thing.....night can be even tougher.

The storm was on friday and it was real windy blowing in from the north, against the back of the houseboat. It came in fast and stayed a while. Thats the storm that messed up our camp. I assume thats what it was from, but you know what that get you. The pics were taken sunday so maybe not, hard to say.

Micro burst Friday afternoon. Spoke with Rangers and about six boats swamped from the high winds. The wind coming across the bay was just perfect to flood this houseboat while in slip. Others had waves come over the front of speedboats and were swamped. There was damage to another houseboat in Ribbon Canyon. As always.....keep an eye on the sky and get hunkered down when you can.....that extra time with the anchors and learning to "ride" the waves in wind is so important. The Lake Powell winds at times can be on you so fast. Day winds are one thing.....night can be even tougher.

That's exactly what happened to Serenity in 2014; several of the boats started backing into the slips on that end dock (G), but not all of them. After this maybe everyone will. Sorry for those owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back