Copyright Reminder: Post ONLY your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.

BartsPlace

Staff member
Hey Wordlings -

I received a recent reminder about posting only content that you personally own, that you personally author, or that is in the public domain. If there's an item of interest elsewhere on the internet, feel free to post the URL (rather than the content). Sharing links to other sites is completely appropriate. However, (re)publishing the works of others on this forum can constitute an infringement of the owner's copyright.

As a free service, we obviously do not have the means to be engaged in a legal action of any kind.

If this is new to you, please visit the "Terms and rules" link available at the bottom of any Wayne's Words page.

Thanks!

-Bart

Sorry, I remember being guilty of this twice lately. I'll do better.

AND, is there a way to take a poll on this forum?

Hey Wordlings -

I received a recent reminder about posting only content that you personally own, that you personally author, or that is in the public domain. If there's an item of interest elsewhere on the internet, feel free to post the URL (rather than the content). Sharing links to other sites is completely appropriate. However, (re)publishing the works of others on this forum can constitute an infringement of the owner's copyright.

As a free service, we obviously do not have the means to be engaged in a legal action of any kind.

If this is new to you, please visit the "Terms and rules" link available at the bottom of any Wayne's Words page.

Thanks!

-Bart
Bart, is permissible to copy/paste a webcam picture like I did a couple days ago? Sq

AND, is there a way to take a poll on this forum?

Yep! When you start a new thread, down toward the bottom of the form (just above the "Post Thread" and "Preview" buttons) there is an option to put a poll in that new discussion. Give it a try. :)

Bart, is permissible to copy/paste a webcam picture like I did a couple days ago?

It depends. I'm not a copyright attorney. If you have the permission of the copyright holder, you can post it. Where the NPS Webcams are part of the government and meant for public dissemination, I'd guess you're okay. However, that doesn't mean that it's automatically okay to post the Antelope Pointe webcam (a private entity) without getting permission first. Does that make sense?

I can't (and don't want to) decide on everything that gets posted. I trust our members to exercise good judgement (most of the time). Hence, the general (and friendly) reminder to think about copyright before posting.

Thanks everyone!

:)

I really appreciate Bart. Without him the website would have gone under. He brought it back to life and continues to make it work on a daily basis. The only thing I have personally done for him is to go fishing with him one time. He caught more fish than I did.:)

Bart thanks so much for all you do! We will rename this Barts Words in 2025 when I retire. (Yes! I moved up the date a couple of years. It used to be 2052 but that was a typo which should have read 2025).

Thanks for the very kind words, Wayne! It doesn't seem too much like work when you love what you're doing. I'm sure you can relate!

I'm pretty sure that there won't be any renaming of the site while I'm around! :giggle:

Happy Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back