Cookie Jar Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
Its really calm and sunny right now. When that happens the scenery is even better than usual. Here are some pictures from Padre Bay near Cookie Jar.
Click on the thumbnails to see the pictures.

Attachments

• cjarreflect.jpg
    cjarreflect.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 202
  • cjarisles.jpg
    cjarisles.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 210
  • cjarstool.jpg
    cjarstool.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 202
I have never been to the far south end , but just curious ..... How many lower units have those 2 whales taken out in the middle of that bay in your second pic ?

Those are pretty scary being way out in the middle of the bay like that .

I have never been to the far south end , but just curious ..... How many lower units have those 2 whales taken out in the middle of that bay in your second pic ?

Those are pretty scary being way out in the middle of the bay like that .

The whales are very close to the back of the canyon where most folks are slowing down and looking at Cookie Jar. This is the back of Kane Wash (right side of Cookie Jar) which is one of my favorite spots to go back and admire the 360 degree panorama of the whole bay. Its incredibly beautiful. I climb Cookie Jar at least once a year and look down at the lake on a calm day.

I am sure some have hit these rocks but the water is clear and boats are slow here so its not as big of a problem as it would be if in the main travel channel.

Nice pics, I was in there today and caught 2 stripers in really bad shape. We saw quite a few large mouth in the very back of Kane wash,but they didn't want what I was offering . Fished around the 2 whales and the east one is breaking out of the water.

Will be there in a month and hoping for a mild spring weekend with scenery like this!

Wayne, if this is Kane, what do you call the cove on the west side of Cookie Jar? I know this came up before but it was on the old board and I don't remember.

It depends on your map. When I started here the cove on left of Cookie Jar was Kane Creek while the cove on the right was Kane Wash. There are probably a lot of different names. To be sure just say right or left of Cookie Jar and we will know where you are.

It depends on your map. When I started here the cove on left of Cookie Jar was Kane Creek while the cove on the right was Kane Wash. There are probably a lot of different names. To be sure just say right or left of Cookie Jar and we will know where you are.
When heading into the back we stayed to the right all the way to the back and found fish in the last 6 ft of water. carp, large mouth and stipers.

I also saw a swimming pool like one that you posted last year, was going to take a picture to post only to find my phone battery was dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back