Colorado ANS program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirrel

Keeper of San Juan Secrets
Colorado step's up it's pro-active approach to deter mussel infestation

“Colorado is one of just a few states in the country that doesn’t have an infestation of adult zebra or quagga mussels in any of its waters,” said Elizabeth Brown, invasive species program manager for Colorado Parks and Wildlife. “That’s directly attributable to our watercraft inspection and decontamination prevention program that’s been in place since 2008.”

Earlier this year, the Colorado General Assembly approved a bill that requires those who operate motorboats and sailboats on waters of the state to purchase an ANS stamp annually. The cost of the stamp for Colorado residents is $25. For boaters coming to Colorado from other states or provinces the stamp will cost $50. The stamp fee is separate from the annual boat registration permit but will be included in the cost of registration for in-state boats. The stamp and registration is currently available for residents at CPW offices and the agency website. Boaters coming from other states can buy their stamp online, at CPW offices or at any sales location beginning January 1, 2019.

More can be found at the COLORADO PARKS & WILDLIFE webstie. Sq

I wondered why my renewal was $70 rather than $45. No fee is too unreasonable in this liberal utopia. Claiming that the inspection process is responsible is a little arrogant. Blind luck has plenty to do with it also. I hope both methods continue to work.

the stamp fee is just to help pay for the inspections. We are all physically inspected before launch and after retrieve. The fact that Colorado is still mussel free should eliminate scoffing at the system.

I am thrilled that mussels aren't in Colorado, and happy to have my sterile Hotsy washed boat inspected. I am also not naïve enough to think that it is an outright direct result of the inspections that we are mussel free. A little luck or divine providence helps, but I'll take the result regardless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back