Cold front fishing next week ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will the fishing be like next week after cold front drops temps down to low to mid 70's next week. We are planning a trip down on Wednesday but weren't planning on the big temp. drop. We plan on launching from Bullfrog but would be willing to head to Wahweap. Will we still be looking for boils or will we be looking for schools deep and trying spoons. Thanks

I am also interested in the same information? I will be camping at Stanton for a week. 9/20 - 9/28. Sq

Last edited:
Spoon fishing will be AWESOME with boils slightly less but the temperature drop actually brings more stripers and bass into the equation. Larger stripers now holding in deep water can boil at cooler temperatures. Preferred water temp for adults is mid 60's to 70s so a air temp drop to 70 is beneficial. No worries with temp - wind is another story.

Me too! North end the 18th thru the 29th. "Patriots Dream" on 16 and 68 (unless I'm moored ashore, at night, or just hard of listening!) See you there!
GregC
ps...Wayne, How long does it have to be cooler before the water temp cools enough to make a difference depth-wise???

Me too! North end the 18th thru the 29th. "Patriots Dream" on 16 and 68 (unless I'm moored ashore, at night, or just hard of listening!) See you there!
GregC
ps...Wayne, How long does it have to be cooler before the water temp cools enough to make a difference depth-wise???

At least two weeks and it could be as long as a month due to the thick layer of warm water now covering the lake. The amount of wind that stirs the warm and cold water is a big factor as well.

Greg, I will look you up on the North end, I know where you & Nan hide. Probably Fri. or Sat. Sq

Does anyone have a preference on color of spoons they might use for this time of year ? I would like to try to catch more walleye this trip I don't have a boat :( so im kind of limited ill be at bullfrog towards the end of the month tips on colors would help anyone know what color the crawdads are? Thanks

Last edited:
Does anyone have a preference on color of spoons they might use for this time of year ? I would like to try to catch more walleye this trip I don't have a boat :( so im kind of limited ill be at bullfrog towards the end of the month tips on colors would help anyone know what color the crawdads are? Thanks

Color is not as important as being in the right place and time which means fishing in an actively feeding school. I use a white background with blue on the sides; silver is good such as a kastmaster; Real image from Cabelas is good in white; war eagle is blue and works well.

Here is a picture of a Dave Wallace wally lure

spooncolor.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back