CLOSURE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Canyon closed. looks like the hand writing is on the wall. serious bummer.
Grand Canyon closed. looks like the hand writing is on the wall. serious bummer.
Wife and I currently social distancing on our HB in slip at Wahweap. Pump outs and fuel dock are open. Marina office being staffed by the 2 managers, Josh and Tim, on alternate days. Exchange student program closed for this season. I personally believe that access to the lake will not be cutoff entirely. Just those areas where several people can be in close proximity.

The Grand Canyon is entirely different . I lived in the village and drove shuttle bus along the rim for 3 yrs and can tell you that everything is geared to large crowds in confined spaces. Even if there were no tourists the employees live in shared housing and eat in shared dining rooms. The visitor center ,restrooms,hotels,resturants, dining rooms, and shuttle bus cant operate. The view points would need to be closed somehow to avoid clusters of people. There is a large Native American employee housing area in the village which I heard is the main reason for the closure.

Side note= just asked Marina office if they would offer suspension of slip
rent for "covid19" . No go. But had to ask , lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back