• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Captain Chuck Duggins

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
Cap'n Chuck passed away Dec. 28. I just got a card from Dawn. In her Christmas card she said Chuck was on Hospice so I figured it would happen soon. I last saw Chuck in June and he looked very bad. I didn’t think he’d live another year when I saw him them. He was a good guy and a good friend. I know I’ll miss him.

(Ed Gerdemann's report on the loss of his long time fishing buddy and good friend.)

Chuck will be missed.

We are missing a lot of WW "pioneers" as 2018 begins.

Edward Gerdemann

Chuck was a pioneer on Internet fishing boards. I first met him through the old Bronzeback board which is now gone. In fact, I think he made the first post on that board. After moving to Page permanently in 2001 he was a contributor to this board as well, but he hadn't been active here or anywhere else for a number of years. I always enjoyed fishing with Chuck. For a number of years it always seemed like my first and last trips of the season where with him. Chuck was a former smallmouth bass guide in Maine, and he loved those bronze backs which gave us something very much in common. Although he hadn't fished in several years, I always enjoyed dropping by his house and talking fishing and other subjects with him. I will remember him as a good friend.

As Wayne said, Chuck will be missed.

Ed Gerdemann

Status
Not open for further replies.